Chapter 12 - Watching from afar

Irene already told her kids that she'll be flying back to the Philippines for awhile, her kids agreed without hesitation. Except for Janella, who has a lot of questions why.

"Mommy, can't I really go with you? Bakit kailangan mong umuwi?" She pleads, she wants to go with her.

Irene sighs, "Sweetheart, I'll be back naman agad. I'll just visit our family there." she explained.

"Why do you want to go with mommy that much ba, Jea?" Luis interjected, Janella rolls her eyes.

"Mommy needs to go there for awhile, Janella. Don't ask too many questions and keep quiet, for once please." Alfonso said firmly.

Janella can't help but to sigh heavily, she sat on the couch, still frowning. They stayed silent until a call interrupted them, which made Irene look at it.

"Luis, someone's calling you.." Irene told her son, Luis quickly stood up to get his phone.

Irene looks at him, "Si Kate.." Luis mouthed, Irene was startled.

"Go there.." Irene commands Luis to sit on the other side of the couch so Kate couldn't see her and so she could at least hear her daughter's voice.

Alfonso and Luis followed their mom's reprimand, they immediately answered the call after they positioned themselves in the couch.

"Hi Ayaah!" Alfonso and Luis exclaimed as soon as they saw Kate, a simple look, hair tied by a clamp with eyeglasses on, effortlessly gorgeous.

"You are so beautiful, bunsoy!" Alfonso conveyed, Irene was just looking at them, smiling.

Kate raise her brows, "You got to be kidding me, kuya.. Look at my hair it's messy & I'm literally wearing eyeglasses!" she affirms.

"I'm not kidding, for real, you are pretty talaga." Alfonso defends, Kate softly laugh which made Irene smile more. It's been awhile since she last heard her laugh like that.

"Okay, stop it now kuya. Wala akong barya." Kate said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes.

"Pwede naman gcash!" Luis interjected, Kate glared at him.

"I knew it!" Kate shouted as she look at her brothers deadly.

Irene softly laugh as she moves forward, carefully peeking on the screen which her sons had noticed. They slowly adjusted the screen so Irene could look at Kate secretly.

Irene smiles weakly, "My Aya.." she cooed, eyes are already teary.

Janella also glanced at the screen, she smirked and rolls her eyes.

"So how's our Ayah?" Luis asks, Kate smile.

"Well, I'm doing good. Busy lang, always." Kate replied.

"We have a surprise for you and we hope that you'll like it, it will come unannounced there." Luis informed his sister as he looks at his mother who's still looking on the screen.

"What is it? Make sure na matutuwa ako.." Kate warned them.

Alfonso and Luis laugh awkwardly, Irene faintly smiled. She's looking forward on seeing her daughter again although there's nervousness in her heart, she hopes that they could still mend their relationship.

Irene is just watching her kids catching up, she's staring at her daughter's beautiful features that she had missed. Indeed, she's already grown-up.

"My Viktoria, I hope you know how much mommy loves you, I missed you so much and badly wanting to hug you as of the moment. As I stare at your beautiful features on the screen secretly, I hope you feel my presence. I badly want to talk to you but I know you don't want to and it's okay, I understand. You were God's greatest gift to me, you are an answered prayer, you are my gem and my rarest diamond. As time goes by, alam kong mas lumalayo yung loob mo sakin, mas nawawalan ako ng puwang jan sa puso mo at baka nga hindi mo na ako kinikilalang ina. Leaving and giving up on you was the greatest thing I've ever regret, sana pala hindi na ako umalis, perhaps we're okay now.. I guess? If I didn't leave but yet I did and I'm sorry, nevertheless I was thinking that giving you space was the kindest thing I could ever provide, not minding the consequences that will happen after. From your bestfriend to a stranger of your life, it hurts but I know I need to accept it. Hindi kita pipiliting patawarin ako yet I won't give up, again. I won't give you up my dearest Aya, never again. I love you and I will always do, no one can replace your huge space in mommy's heart even though so I already don't have in yours. I will always choose you and will be always proud na naging anak kita, I'm wishing to see you soon my love.." Irene thought.