Chapter 16 - Yearning

After a month...

Irene has already flew back to California today, Kate is still in New York. Still thinking if she will go with Stella in going to California.

She wants to go but something is bothering her, she's considering the invitation, she wants to explore California since it has been awhile since her last visit there, in general sense, it is her hometown.

"Stel, how long will we stay in Cali if ever I go with you?" Kate asks her friend, who was busy with her research paper.

Stella stops and looks at her, "3 days to be exact, go with me na kasi!" she pleads.

Kate zoned out for awhile, Hindi naman masama kung sumama ako, she thinks.

"3 days? 3 days lang ha, no more no less. Okay then, I'll go with you." Kate utters which made Stella scream in so much joy, she had been pleading Kate for days, for her to say yes and finally she succeeded.

"Malapit na tayong pumunta dun, better start packing our things now.." Stella informs her, Kate sighs and laid down.

"Tori, kung natatakot ka man na baka pagalitan ka ni tita Imee, ako bahala sayo." Stella said when she notice that Kate is bothered.

"Of course not, alam kong hindi niya ako papagalitan sa mga ganitong bagay, its just that kinakabahan ako na hindi ko alam kung bakit." Kate replies as she heave a sigh.

"Drink water and stop overthinking, walang mangyayaring masama." Stella assures her and handed her a bottled water.

"No, hindi naman ata masama yung mangyayari, I just feel like may mangyayari na hindi ko inaasahan na ngayon ay aasahan ko na." Kate answers, Stella shrugged her shoulders.

"Ewan ko sayo, matulog ka nalang." Stella said as she fix her eyes into the laptop again.

Kate rolled her eyes, she decided to open her social media to distract herself from overthinking.

officialimeemarcos

hello mama!
How are you?

hello love, I'm good,
how are you? I miss you na..

I'm good too, I miss you more,
malapit na akong umuwi.

I can't wait to see my
baby girl again!

Can't wait to see
you too, gorgeous!

you take care there ha,
i love you! I need to go now..

yes mama, you too.
I love you more than words.

I turn off my phone after I replied, I decided to open my MacBook to see if there is still left school works, thankfully wala na.

She stood up to fix her things since they'll leave day after tomorrow.

San Francisco, California

Irene has arrived in their house early than expected, she was welcomed by their kasambahays. Her children aren't not in house, she expect that they're currently attending their work & class. She directly went to her room, laid down and stares at the ceiling.