Chapter 30

Meanwhile, Greggy is currently in California for business matters. Without being inform about Irene's condition, not until he was called by his son, Luis. He immediately leave the room as soon as he heard about the news, he told his secretary to take care of everything. He's worried about his ex-wife, hindi siya mapakali so he flew back to the Philippines using his own private aircraft and calls Luis to asked for the hospital address.

When he arrived he saw the Marcoses, his sons and his daughter being assisted by Imee outside the Intensive Care Unit watching Irene, who's currently fighting for her life. Kate is covering her mouth to prevent herself to release a sob, her tears are already dry, locking her gaze inside the ICU.

"Kate.." Greggy calls her attention, Kate stared at him as she smile weakly. Greggy abruptly walk towards her and gives her a warm hug, assuring her that everything will be alright.

They saw how the doctors are trying to save Irene's life, they were about to stop when they observe that Irene's heartbeat in the monitor stays in a straight line and doesn't make any improvements at all but Kate didn't let that, she gathered all her strength to run and enter inside the ICU.

"Kate, stay here!"

"Ma'am, hindi ka po pwede dito!"

"Let me, I'll do it! I know what doctors do!" Kate told the nurses which shocks the doctors inside, she made her way to her mother as she did the CPR herself using both of her hands. Kate studied medicine for quite awhile in New York University before deciding to take law so in general sense, she was about to take medicine but ends up taking law. She knows what to do in this kind of scenes, she just hopes that this will able to save her mother.

"Please, you got this mama. You got this." she whispers while pumping her mother's heart.

"You're going to survive, bare with me please. Lumaban ka."

All of them were praying while witnessing how Kate really tries so hard to save her mother's life, they are now feeling so weak but they need to stay calm as possible.

"Fight for our childrens, Rene. Fight for all of us, you're a strong woman, you can get through this." Greggy thought while looking at his mag-ina inside the ICU. It's like Kate was the professional doctor inside, the doctors can't utter any word because their seeing Kate as a professional one, she's really doing the right compress.

After minutes of doing CPR, Kate heavily sighed when she saw the monitor that Irene's heart is beating again. Kate weakly kneeled down as tears started to flow rapidly on her cheeks due to the exhaustion and nervousness she felt, she thought that she'll lose her mother already. The doctor immediately did the other process to make Irene's condition stable, Kate didn't left her mother inside, she's caressing her forehead while the doctors and nurses were performing the ways.

Imee, Greggy, Bongbong and the other family members were also able to release a relief sigh when they saw the heartbeat monitor, Indeed, Irene is really fighting her battles. They were shocked about what Kate did, they doesn't know that Kate studied medicine seriously because they thought that she doesn't like Medical Field.

"Magdo-double holder yan sa susunod, tito." Borgy told Greggy, Greggy then return a smile and nods.

"Kate really knows everything, I'm impressed." Liza commented, Imee agrees as she nod repeatedly. When Kate saw that her mother is in her stable condition already, she gets out of the room and was immediately hug by Imee.

"Wow, we didn't know that you take the studying medicine seriously, Iya." Imee whispers, still hugging her, Kate chuckled.

"Mama, you really think that I won't take it seriously? Yung tuition palang po dun, sayang." Kate reasoned, Imee softly giggles and withdrew from their hug.

"Thank you for saving mommy's life, Iya." Luis & Alfonso speaks as they approached their sister and hugs her.

"Still my obligation, kuyas." Kate replied as she also hug them.

Everyone calmed their selves down, the boys excused themselves to buy bottled water and food for everyone. Irene is in a stable condition already but the doctor told them that they should help them to monitor her condition since this will be only temporary.

Greggy insisted and volunteered to look after Irene so everyone could rest, it was them, only them inside. Nilapitan niya si Irene at umupo sa tabi neto, hinawakan ang kanyang kamay at idinampi sa kanyang labi.

"Wake up now sweetheart, everything will go back to normal na. I'll pursue you again Victoria." Greggy whispered, he didn't stop loving Irene, for he knows that she will always be part of his life and she will always have this special space in his heart.

"Inaantay ka ni Kate, ni Luis, ni Alfy, ni Andy, hinihintay kita, hinihintay ka naming lahat. Isn't it enough reason for you to wake up, love?" Greggy asked softly, still caressing Irene's hands.

"I have always loved you Irene, and I love you still. I can't say this to you because up until now I'm still building my courage to confess, it's like we're still highschool. Hindi ko kasi alam, baka wala kanang nararamdaman sakin, nakakahiya man din pero pag gising mo aamin na 'ko sayo." Greggy confessed as he chuckles, feeling cringe with what he uttered.

He spend most of his time by talking to Irene about random things happened on his life that he didn't even noticed that it's been already hours. Imee entered the room which made Greggy shocked, he stood up and asked Imee what she's doing here.

"You go rest, Greggy. Ako na muna magbabantay kay Irene dito." Imee aforesaid, Greggy nodded, he kissed Irene's forehead first before heading out that made Imee kilig.

"Iba ka ha, may pag-ibig atang magbabalik! Haba ng hair mo, gaga!" Imee exclaimed chuckling, she fixed Irene's hair and sit beside her.

"Hay naku, you should wake up na! If you just saw how your daughter worry earlier, magpapamisa ka talaga. Dalian mo ng bumalik, sa tingin ko magkakaayos na kayo." Imee added while looking at her sister.

"Ading, grabe ka naman kung magpasuyo kailangan pang mangyari 'to, may pros and cons naman pala pero hindi porket ganon susuko kana ha! Lumaban ka, ay apo!" Imee affirmed, caressing Irene's arms. She was also telling so many things to Irene as if her sister could answer her questions, amidst of her talking, the door suddenly open and revealed Kate with Andy.

"Come, let's go near Baba.." Kate softly whispered while holding her nephew's hands, she feels that Andy is scared and nervous.

"Don't be scared, you tell Baba that she should wake up na as early as possible so we could travel and have bonding, diba?" Kate consoles him, Andy adorably nodded and walk slowly towards his grandmother. Imee just looked at them and stood up.

"Hi baba.." Andy uttered, his voice broke that mad Kate's heart shattered. By this, she realized that her mother really did love all of them genuine and whole-heart, she caressed Andy's back gently for comfort. Meanwhile, Imee walk towards Andy and kneeled down to level with him.

"Don't cry, your baba wouldn't be happy if she saw you crying. Your baba loves you so much, right?" Imee told him, he nodded and wiped his tears.

"And I love her too, she told me that she loves all of us especially you daw po tita Iya." Andy trailed on, Kate froze when she heard what Andy has confessed. She respond a smile since she doesn't know what to say or to reply.

"You love her too, right tita?" Andy politely asked, looking at Kate. Kate glance at Imee but immediately fixes her eyes to Andy as she nodded.

"Of course, I love her too so much. We all love her." Kate answers, Andy genuinely smile and hugs Kate.

"Thank you tita, I know baba will be so happy if I tell her that you also love her." Andy muttered, Kate smile and hugs him back.

"Go talk na with your baba, you're not allowed to stay here ng matagal. The doctor might scold us." Kate jokingly threatened her nephew which made Andy's eyes winded and follow what her aunt has said.

Sorry for the wrong grammars and misspelled words.
Vote & Comment
X