XIII. The Life She Chose

"You have arrived at the xxx airport, thank you for flying with us

"You have arrived at the xxx airport, thank you for flying with us." The announcer said, Ran who had just come out of the bathroom and fixed himself up hurried to where his wife and child were sleeping.

"They're both sleeping like logs," Rindou said as Ran arrived, he was carrying the couple's son and was looking at Y/N and Kakucho who were snuggled up in their own seats and covered with blankets. Y/N's face was buried in her husband's coat and held the hems of it tightly, crumpling them in her fists.

"She and Kakucho were chatting the whole remaining time of our flight, it seemed like a miracle when they stopped talking." Ran sighed and went to grab their suitcases from the overhead bin.

"Oh? What were they talking about?"

"Kurokawa Izana."

"Izana-san? Why?"

"Apparently, she used to be a close friend of Izana when she was still in high school."

"Oh, well that's great. We found out something new about Y/N's past." Rindou said, patting his brother's shoulders and completely oblivious of what his expression says not until the little Raiden lifted his arms and pointed at his father, opening and closing his tiny hand as if he was wanting to clasp his dad in his tiny hands to comfort him. Rindou switched his gaze to his brother just to see an upset expression, his brows furrowed, and his lips shut in disappointment.

"Yes, but somehow that information upsets me more." He said and then changed his irritated look into a sweet smile before reaching for his son's head and gently caressing it. "Hmm, I should wake up my wife now." He said, shifting the subject. Rindou was left with a horrified look, was that his brother just now? It felt like he was someone else.

As brothers, they have been together for as long as Rindou can remember. As both of them took over Roppongi, the name Haitani spread like wildfire all across cities and gangs. They were close, just enough for them to share things, fight over some, and then fix them like normal siblings. People wouldn't be surprised if the two told them they used to share a lover back when they were still teenagers, for someone as close as the Haitani brothers that depended on each other. Fighting over something would be just a waste of time and breath, if it can be shared they would. That goes the same for their lovers before, when Rindou courted a high school classmate, Ran also took a liking to the young lady. With a little discussion held, Rindou with no doubt and hesitation dated the same girl as his brother. But not once did he express that kind of anger, even... a hint of jealousy.

Sure jealousy was experienced by the eldest a few times but that only happened when it comes to people stealing Rindou's time with Ran, besides that authority has never been exercised by Ran.

To see it for the first time after being stuck on each other's side was a direct hit to the youngest sibling. The eldest Haitani who never batted an eye even after being cheated on by his former lovers is now upset because of a person who used to be by his wife's side when he wasn't even existing in her life then.