XII. Remembering An Old Friend - Part 2

Izana and I sat in the indoor eating area of the store, as he ate quietly across me I watched him silently

Izana and I sat in the indoor eating area of the store, as he ate quietly across me I watched him silently. The book I placed in front of me for me to read was untouched, I can't seem to pick it up as I fell into a daze as I studied his features. Long white eyelashes flutter as he blinks, his slender fingers wipe his glossy lips, and his hair sways on his face as he leans down to take a spoonful of his food. I reach down to my store uniform vest's pocket and fished out a sky blue colored bunny hair clip, I stretched my arms to reach for his hair but stops a few inches away from him so he can notice my approaching hands. He lifts his gaze and looks at my hands then at me.

"What...?" he asks.

"I'm going to clip your hair up so you can eat properly, is it okay for me to touch you?"

He stops chewing for a moment and thought of an answer and then nods, he stood up and went to sit in the chair beside me, carrying the food with him, it was placed in his hands.

"Oh..." I reacted when he leaned in closer to me.

"This is easier for you right? So you don't have to stretch your hand across the table." He explained.

I was rendered speechless and just nodded before brushing his hair up with my fingers, he was staring, his eyes downturned at me as I fix his hair, and I felt a little self-conscious as he studied me so closely. Without realizing I was already holding my breath, successfully clipping up his bangs, I brush off the leftover hair on his cheek and tucked it behind his hair, his gaze making contact with mine we both froze up in place, him looking up at me as he was leaning down earlier for easier reach and me staring down at his eyes. My hand rested on his cheek and ear due to my earlier action.

"You're pretty, huh?" He said breaking the silence.

I snapped back to reality and retreated my hands and scooting away from him, "Huh?" was all I managed to say.

"Pretty nice is what I meant," I glared at him but was answered by his gleeful laugh.

"Ahahahaha! I'm kidding, you're pretty I admit. You're nice too."

"You're so random," I chuckled, he was smiling at me as he silently studied me. What was he staring for? Was he waiting for me to compliment him too?

"Ahem," I cleared my throat, "You're pretty as well, Kurokawa-san."

As his eyes widened, his ears turned bright red and so did his cheeks. He touched his cheeks as he felt like it was burning. "W-what the..." He stuttered, covering his mouth with the back of his hand, and then turning the other way to avoid me.

"Eh? Are you shy, Kurokawa-san?" I teased, peeking over his shoulders as I playfully poke his cheeks with my pointing finger.

"It's your fault."

"You're not even trying to deny it." I chuckled before ruffling his hair and sitting back down, "Alright I won't tease you anymore, go ahead and finish your food."