VIII. Raiden Haitani

"What the fuck is taking them so long? Are labors usually like this?" Ran groaned as he continuously buried his face in his palms

"Seeing how she fell down that stairs I think they will take longer than this," Takeomi said who just got in the hospital an hour ago after Ran, Rindou, and Koko arrived.

"She's gonna be okay, right? The baby? And Aniki? They're all gonna be okay... right?" Rindou spoke, terrified. He held his hands together to stop them from shaking but it was no use. Kokonui who was beside him saw and reached for his hand and held it. Rindou jolted due to Koko's action but decided to not say a word and held the white-haired man's hand tighter, looking for assurance.

"Y/N's going to be fine, the baby's gonna be fine. Your brother's going to be fine as well."

"This is a good performing hospital, I'm sure they're doing their best to take care of Y/N right now," Takeomi said, patting Ran on the shoulder.

Everyone was on the edge of their seat as a couple more hours passed. Ran was getting more uneasy as minutes passed by, as he stood off of his seat the doctor barged out of the operation room and asked for the husband. Ran quickly stepped up and asked about his wife and offspring, the others followed and flocked behind the hopeful fiance. "She was in deep danger but she survived, she held on tight to her life and so did your baby. Congratulations Mr. Haitani you are now a father of a healthy boy." The doctor announced shaking Ran's hand. "She'll be soon moved to a private room, please excuse me." the doctor followed, bidding goodbye.

"Thank heavens," Ran whispered collapsing on the floor after he lost all the strength in his leg, tearing up and covering his face with the palms of his hand refusing to let the others see him bawling like this.

"Congrats, Aniki." Rindou greeted, leveling down to the height of his brother sitting on the floor and pulling him in for a tight hug. Kokonui and Takeomi sighed in relief, wiping the sweat off their forehead after the intense wait. Koko tapped Takeomi's shoulder and then pointed at his phone signaling that he was about to call the others to inform them about the good news.

"They're both safe? That's good news, we'll visit soon. For now, I'll let Sanzu guard the family." Mikey said on the other line of the call.

"Are you sure you're gonna leave Y/N and her baby with this himbo?" Kokonui doubted staring at Sanzu who has his face stuck in the nursery window staring at the newborn baby. Fascinated, he has both his hands in the glass window and faces mushed to the glass staring intensely, admiring how small and adorable the little one looked. He had to be under observation for a few days before meeting his parents due to the accident.

"Why? What's wrong?" Mikey questioned after hearing Kokonui's response to his order.

"He's being weird, his breath is all over the nursery window now because of how close he's staring inside." The white-haired lad explained.