IV. The 3 Year Time skip

After that night, everything went scarily smooth

After that night, everything went scarily smooth. Bonten met with Y/N the following day where they made a deal. Be a part of the new narcotics research Bonten will release to the market in exchange they will remove her parent's debt and will cover for her university bills. It was not a bad deal, the female student agreed. Not even a year passed Y/N was able to produce excellent results, she made her knowledge her number 1 weapon. This made her invisible and was able to curry Mikey and Kokonui's favor. Even if she was adored by these men including Ran, her expenditure with them was rough. A few months into Bonten, everyone's eyes were on her, not in a positive way like those in the books though. The executives were wary of her sudden appearance, a broke college student with a huge debt on her name barges in their group taking the spotlight.

"Just because the brothers favor you doesn't mean shit. Watch your back." Sanzu whispered as he roughly pulled the lady by the arm as she was headed to Koko's office.

"I am but you can't get rid of me that easily, isn't that right Sanzu-san?" Y/N fired back, pulling her arm out of Sanzu's grasp.

"Oh, I would love to shoot that head of yours," Sanzu said, gritting his teeth out of annoyance.

"Oh, but this is a vital part of Bonten's successes." I pouted, despite taking everything I can to stop my legs from shaking, my pettiness can no longer take his trash of a personality.

Sanzu was about to grab my face when a handheld his wrist before it reached me. "Let go of me, Kakucho." the pink-haired lad tried to pull his wrist away from Kakucho. "You can't touch her, we need her."

"What? You're a fan of her too now?" Sanzu said as if people were ganging up on him as he lifts his arms up surrendering.

"No, but we need her alive if we want Bonten to grow. You do know that Mikey just made her head for the new opioid project."

"Why the fuck do we need her anyway? There are tons of chemists out there!" he complained. We were standing in the middle of the lounge, Takeomi, Mochi, and Rindou were sitting across the room watching Sanzu's bickering.

"She has talent and she's convenient to use. She's our best bet." Kaku reasoned. Sanzu went to look at Takeomi and Mochi to find someone who could back him up. As much as the two didn't approve of her sudden appearance, they didn't try to bother Y/N. They agreed that she was capable and Bonten would grow into something great with her in the group. She's under Kokonui's care, after all, Koko is in charge of Bonten's riches.

"Hah, seriously you guys." He sighed, running his fingers through his pink hair. "She's just some broke ass lady Ran picked up somewhere then fucked her." His comment snapped Rindou and Y/N's patience.

"Hey-" Rindou shouted standing up from his seat when his words were cut short. Ran got to Sanzu first, holding him down to the floor face down. "What the fuck did you just say?" Ran asked.