21. Trauma

Yes, yes! The author did try to convince Taehyun that it's gonna be okay but he is just like a stubborn kitten! 

There's so much in his small redhead now, that he doesn't know where to start or where to end. Currently, they are having their last practice session before the tournaments. 

It's a big deal. 

But something is odd, Beomgyu tried pulling out some of his funny stunts on Taehyun, only to receive a sharp glare or a slap onto his arm that'd sneak around his waist. He couldn't get why. Taehyun was usually the one to enjoy all of these. 

"Yo, Gyu! There's something wrong with you two! Did something happen?" Jeongin asked, right after another failed attempt of Beomgyu trying to kiss Taehyun. 

They were looking at the boy storming off, it was a school day so many students were sitting around the court, cheering the team and decorating the court. 

Taehyun was then talking with Kai. 

"I... I seriously don't know, There's... I don't know." Beomgyu puffs his cheeks, pouting and Jeongin just smiles. The two walk to Yeonjun and Soobin who were also in the court. 

"Three hours more, boys! We want you to slay hard, okay?" The boys nodded and Jeongin ran to his boyfriend as Beomgyu sat next to Yeonjun, head hanging low. 

"What's wr--" 

"Wrong? Taehyun isn't being Taehyun." He raises his voice, his tone clearly mad. 

"Hey... Hey, Calm down," Yeonjun peeks to find Kai and Taehyun talking, rather about something serious. Soobin jumped off his seat to join the Maknaes as the Tom and Jerry duo just sat there. 

"So that was it? C'mon, Hyun! I want you to think about this!" 

"He- He is not happy, Kai." 

"What are you two talking about?" Soobin joins, feeling like an outsider as he butted in off-time, and Kai shrugs, "Things are about to go down,"

"What do you mea-" Cutting Soobin off, the red-haired gets up, "It's nothing, right Hyuka?" 

Kai sighs, not answering his best friend and that made Taehyun give him an unimpressed look,

"Right, Hyuka?"

"Y-yeah, right."

***

"Beomgyu, If we slay the match hard today, W must go party, okay?" Beomjun says. the Hanlimz are inside the changing room, an hour before the game. Beomgyu gave them a tentative nod, he couldn't stop thinking and questioning himself after today, Taehyun even had left the apartment before him this morning and he had said that he was going out for breakfast with Kai, as his excuse.

So Beomgyu let it go.

Then, When Bemgyu went to greet him and talk to him when they met in the hallways, Taehyun smiled and hugged Beomgyu, no tiptoeing to kiss him or poking Beomgyu's cheek. No I love you more Hyung when the latter had said I love you Taehyun. Instead, he had just responded, Hm, you too.

Little little things are bugging Beomgyu so much!

But he is the older one and he can go talk to Taehyun. So he got up and sat beside Taehyun, the younger flashed a small smile, slowly distancing himself but Beomgyu was quick enough to take a hold of his wrist.

"Am I doing something wrong?"

"Huh?"

"Tell me, Taehyun. A-are you alright? Did you take your meds? why didn't you even talk to me properly--"