4. A Baby

"How many times should I tell him to be here on time?! Jay, Jake, go find him." Beomgyu was mad. 

Like, mad mad. 

The tension was thick on the court, it was yet another day where the coach isn't there. But there's no difference, the team is already playing well except for the newbies. 

"Gyu, Just go easy on the boy—" 

"He didn't show up on time on his first day, wasn't there for the meeting, and now he is not here for today's practice, even after I told him to be here on time! Why do you want me to go easy on him, Jeongin?" 

Jeongin didn't say anything, 

'I told him not to go onto his blacklist.' 

Jay and Jake arrived moments later but Taehyun wasn't with them. They nervously stalked towards Beomgyu. 

"S-sunbae, He wasn't in his class or anywhere." 

Beomgyu hit the ball against the floor hard and bit his lower lip, clearly fumed up, He walked toward the two boys, 

"We work so hard to maintain the position of twenty-two years of being Champs, and I don't want some boy to make us lose it! Do you understand?" They nodded. 

Anyway, the boys continued their practice and it was about six o'clock when the team left the court, but Beomgyu stayed for a while. 

He locked the rooms and switched the lights off but a few faint footsteps caught him off guard. 

"Who's there?" He turned the lights back on to see Taehyun, with his backpack hanging on one of his shoulders. 

"H-hyung..." Taehyun looked odd and sulky. 

"Leave."

"Huh?"

"Showing up after practices won't do anything, just leave. Or stay here for three hours and practice alone, if you want me to forgive you." 

"Beomgyu-Hyung..." 

"No, no, I'm the captain, not Beomgyu Hyung. Now, it's your choice." Beomgyu pocketed his hands and shrugged his shoulders. 

Taehyun's lips trembled, he drops his backpack and gets a ball, and starts to practice. 

Beomgyu didn't expect him to, But he acted as if he didn't care and walked to the door.

But he rethought about leaving. 

'It's almost seven, the school's empty, It's raining and I'm the captain..' 

Beomgyu clicked his tongue before quietly walking in and sitting on a bench, watching Taehyun. 

He shoots the ball, but it doesn't go in. Retried, but nope. Already his seventh time, it doesn't go in. 

"Fuck it..." Taehyun mumbles, the dim lights made Beomgyu not see the latter properly. 

But Beomgyu was suddenly worried, The boy was overworking, trying too much, and he looked as if he was in pain. 

Thirty minutes later, Taehyun was dribbling the ball, trying to shoot but nothing worked out, He didn't even stop to catch his breath and Beomgyu got concerned. 

"Yah! Taehyun?" the boy didn't respond. He looked like he's lost his mind. 

"Kang Taehyun!" 

"Yah!" Beomgyu ran to the court and only when he got closer to him, did he notices that Taehyun was crying. 

"Stop it..." Beomgyu calmly voiced, but no, Taehyun didn't stop. 

Beomgyu then gripped his sweaty shoulders and wrapped his arms around Taehyun, now the two of them facing face to face,