chapter 41.

In the morning, Michael stayed asleep with his head rested on my shoulder. My eyes blankly stare at the white wall as my hands shake. I hope Luke will live. I need him to live. I think I'll kill myself if he dies. The bright sun started to shine through the glass entrance doors of the hospital, which woke Michael up from his sleep. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Cass, did you stay up all night?" he asks sounding sleepy but concerned.

I nod my head, looking at him with my tired eyes. I couldn't sleep at all last night, my thoughts just wouldn't let me.

"We should go get some food, I think you really need some food," Michael says to me.

I don't want to get up off this uncomfortable plastic chair but I probably should. Michael got off his chair and grabbed my hand to lift me off mine. I did get up and I followed him down to the cafeteria. Not too many people were there but still a a big handful of people. Michael got plate of some meat that didn't look really good to eat and I just got a little fruit cup filled with sliced pears, peaches and pineapple. The fruit cup wasn't the best but I don't really care. I just want to know how Luke is. Thankfully Michael ate quickly and we went to ask someone if we could see Luke. Unfortunately we couldn't. They told us we wouldn't be allowed to for awhile so we might as well go home. So Michael took me home to my mom. I explained what happened and why I was gone all night. I'm grateful my mom is so understanding. She hugged me tight. Michael stayed with me for the day to keep me company because as usual my mom had work.

"He's gonna be okay," Michael says out of the blue.

I look at him. My eyes start to fill with tears and my vision gets blurry. The tears stream down my cheeks.

"But what if he dies Michael?" I cry.

He gives me a sad look.

"I-I don't know," he stutters.

I continue to cry as he rubs my back trying to sooth me.

"I'll be here for you." he tells me. "I'll always be here for you,"

"Thank you Michael," I thank him, my voice dry.

I know he means it, I know my friends and mom will be here for me but I really don't think I can make it with out Luke.

I check my phone every few minutes to see the time, wondering if we can go back to the hospital to see Luke. Each moment just makes me more worried, more nervous and more scared. My chest hurts and I have a huge headache. I want to go to sleep but I want to go to sleep with Luke. I want to wrap my arms around his muscular torso and I want his arms around me.

"It's three pm and I think were allowed to vist," Michael says.

We go out his car and go back to the hospital to see Luke. The whole ride there I picture his handsome face and his heart melting smile and his mesmerising blue eyes that just make me feel loved when I stare into them. Oh god what would I do without those blue eyes. or what would I do without Luke all together. A lump in my throat forms and warm tears whelm up in my eyes. Michael parks his car and we go inside. A nurse smiles at us and asks if we were here to visit someone. Michael did the talking. The nurse's smile faded away which made my stomach drop. She pulled us to the side of a hall and the words that came out of her mouth shattered my fucking heart into a billion pieces.

"I'm so sorry but, Luke didn't make it,"

My knees gave up, making me collapse to the floor. Tears instantly pour out my eyes. I sob uncontrollably on the cold tile floor. This was horrible. I had to find away to kill myself as soon as possible. The pain was unbearable, my heart was beating like I just sprinted a mile, my tears burned my eyes. I felt like everything was fading away. I couldn't breathe. All I could do was cry and sob loudly. Michael was crying too, he tried to pick me up off the floor but I didn't budge. Luke is gone, he's dead and he's not here to put his arms around me and make everything better like he always did. My brain nor my heart could comprehend any of this. It was really all too much for me. I got up on my feet and I ran. I ran out of the hospital, out into the parking lot, hoping to get hit by anyone.

—-

im crying im so sorry guys

love you all xo

-c