Hell Part Twenty Six

You could say I'm veryyyyy sorry for the wait.

Hope this makes up!!

Love. Xx

-------------------------------------

L o u i s

After having to fight with the driver on the phone I finally got him to understand where we were. You think any driver would know where the airport was, but clearly not this guy. He couldn't seem to understand which gate to pick us up at. I frustratingly slide my phone into my pocket and turn back around to where Barbara was.

She was in the same spot I left her with our bags along with some guy who was too close for comfort. It was clear she was not comfortable with him around and that didn't sit well with me. I stroll over there and put my arm around her shoulder to make it appear like she was taken.

"Who's this?" He looks down at her then back to me.

"I'm Louis. Who the hell are you." I don't even know the guy and I don't like him. I don't like the way he's looking at her and the way she's acting around him. Her heads hung low like a sad dog and her fingers fiddled with each other.

"This is your new boy friend, sweetheart?" He smirks. "I thought you didn't do that."

"Stop calling me that." She mutters still looking down.

She's acting very weird. I've never seen her like this. It's freaking me out.

"Look me in the eye Barbara." He sneered. She slowly lifts her head and looks at him. He was tall. Taller than 6 feet. "That's a good girl." He brushed the side of her hair making her flinch. She shakes it off and stands a little bit stronger, but not her usually confident self.

"What do you want Cameron." She asks.

"Oh nothing. At the moment." He half smiles. "I'm just getting back from a business trip. What are you doing here."

"Wait you live here?" Her eyes widen. "Since when?" She quickly asks.

"Just a couple months. The company opened a new building and needed someone to manage it." He fixes his tie. "I take it you finally finished high school and got into NYU."

Hold the fuck up. How does he know that? How's does he know her? How does she know him? Did they date?

"I'd love to take you out." He stares at her with something behind his eyes that I can't seem to understand.

"I don't th-" She tries saying but he cuts her off.

"No. I'm taking you out. Understand?" He commands.

"Yes s-" But she stops her self. "You can't do that anymore." She leans closer to him and whispers.

"Barbara I will take you out." He glares at her. "I'll get you at 8 tomorrow night. Dress presentable. No pants. I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow sweetheart." And just like that he leaves. Leaving the both of us frozen in out spots and speechless.

"What the fuck was that!?" I shout utterly confused and pissed off that this guy just shows up and commands her to go out with him. And I'm confused as to why she just let that happen. I know she's not like that. Not at all, but when this Cameron guy shows up she all, I don't know, nervous.

"Nothing lets go." She mumbles and quickly walks out the door leaving me still confused.

It was going to be about a 20 minute drive, from what the gps said. Barb just stared out the window. I don't know what to do or say to get her to tell me.

"We need to go to the store for groceries." She sighs.

"After we sleep." I reply softly. I felt like I had to be careful talking. Like she's a little bird and if I get too loud or too close she'll fly away.

"I don't feel like sleeping." she sighs again and puts her head in her hands. "I feel restless." she mumbles in her hands.

"Barbara you need to sleep." I hesitate but softly start rubbing her back.

"I'm fine." She sits back up.

"I'll go get the food, and you sleep." she didn't get as much sleep as I did. I know she needs it. I see it in her eyes. She was about to protest but I stopped her. "Before you say anything I've seen what you've gotten and I think I can handle it."

"Just please don't mess it up." She sighs again, and leans her head against the head rest, closing her eyes. Her breath gets heavy and I know immediately that she's asleep.

We arrived at our place and the driver helped carry our bags into the lobby. I had to carry Barbara up to the room because she was out like a light. I had the manager watch our bags while I took her up to the apartment. Our apartment looked exactly the same since we left. I kind of missed it. It smelt like the air freshener Barb bought a while ago. I carried her to her made bed. I laid her on top of the covers because I couldn't pull them back. I grabbed this little blanket she had at the end of her bed. I took of her vans, figuring she'd want them off and tossed them into her open closet.

"Louis." I hear her mumble. I turn to her thinking she's awake but find that she's asleep still.

I quietly tiptoe over to her bed and squat down so that I'm face to face with her. I softly kiss her forehead. She sighs and snuggles more into her pillow.

I smile down at her and just stare.

What are you doing. Don't be a freak.

*

I check my basket for the fifth time to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. I got some extra stuff because it looked good and also everything Barbara usually gets. I really hope I didn't forget anything.

I just realized when I was in the check out line that I had no I idea how I was getting home with all this food. I quickly grabbed my phone from my pocket and called Niall. Zayns too preoccupied with this new guy he hasn't really talked to me. Niall on the other hand always texted me. Wondering when I was coming back so we can hangout and watch football. Niall was the one to fill me in on what Zayn had been doing.

By the time I had finished checking out Niall was here. He help load the bags into his car and off we went.

"So how was your trip to Texas?" He asked adding a country accent to the word Texas.

"It was nice being with family and everything." I replied simply.

"How was it with Barbara?" He wiggled his eyebrows making me roll my eyes.

"It was good. My family really liked her." I let out a big yawn finally getting hit with my tiredness. I couldn't wait to get back to the apartment and sleep. Of course id have to put the fridge and freezer stuff away or Barbara would flip.

"That's good." He smiled. He didn't mess with me about that anymore, which I was thankful for. I wasn't in the mood and if I got mad at him I'd feel bad.

We talked about football and some girl Niall was talking to. Apparently they met in his dorm building after she broke up with her boyfriend. He saw her crying and comforted her.

"Don't slam the door." I said to Niall before opening the apartment door.

"Gotcha." He nods. I didn't want Barbara waking up.

We carefully set the bags on the counter and Niall gives me a tight hug before leaving and whispering something about calling me later. I quietly grabbed the cold stuff from the bags and put them in their correct place. Leaving the cabinet stuff I tiptoe my way towards where the rooms were.

I had left her door open so it wouldn't squeak. So as I passed, I looked in her room to find her in the exact some spot i left her in. I was so tempted to go crawl into bed with her but I think she needs her space. At least that's what it felt like on the ride to the apartment.

I took my clothes off my bed and dropped it into the laundry room like she had asked me too and threw my self onto my bed.

"Oh how I missed you." I mumbled into my pillow and before I knew it I was out.

---------------------