~You don't know it yet but you love me and I love you the same~

Now playing: An Unhealthy Obsession by The Blake Robinson Synthetic Orchestra

You walk into a small town as the sun starts to set, getting dreadingly closer to Bonesborough. 

"I'm just saying! If you use all magic in the Emperor's coven, what makes it different from being a wild witch?" You question. 

"There's a difference!" Hunter protests, following you through crowds of witches and demons. "Your little brain just doesn't get it." 

"Yeah." You scoff. "Nice excuse."

"Shut up. Let's just find somewhere to sleep." He ignores the previous topic and speeds up so he's walking ahead of you. 

"This conversation isn't over. When you turn me into the coven I will be asking the emperor himself!" You add, speeding up to match his pace. "And if I don't get a straight answer I will be.. uh.. I dunno." You shrug.

"Why a straight answer? What's wrong with gay people?" Hunter asks jokingly, and you start choking holding in a laugh. 

"It-" You cough. "Nothing! I'm-" You cough more. "I'm gay!"

"Me too! Twinning." Hunter nods, fist bumping you while you continue to choke on oxygen. 

 You laugh as he opens the door to an inn and holds it open for you. "What a gentleman." You joke, and the door is immediately slammed in your face. "Thank you, Hunter." You nod, opening the door and walking in all on your own like a big kid. 

You notice he's already paying for a room, and you stand beside him as he gets the keys.

"Wow, you did it all by yourself!" You say it to him like he's a toddler. "I'm so proud!"

"And now I'm making you do it next time." He deadpans, elbowing you in the ribs. "By the way, I couldn't afford two beds, so one of us can sleep on the floor." He informs you as you walk up the stairs. 

"What? You could've waited for me, I have enough!" You groan. "Fine, I'll take the floor."

Hunter starts fiddling around with the keys and the handle to a door for a minute before he finally figures it out and the door opens. It's a mediocre room, one small-ish bed in the middle, some desks, and a window with a fairly nice windowsill.

"Alright then, goodnight." You say, rummaging through your bag for a hoodie. 

"What? You're just gonna go to sleep?" He asks almost panicky. 

"Well.. yeah? Wasn't that the point?" You respond.

"..yeah alright, never mind." He shrugs, sitting down on the bed. You walk over to the side of the room closer to the window and sit down, pulling your old Hexside bard track hoodie over your head. You lay down almost cautiously and start fiddling with your fingers as you stare intently at the wall. Your mind starts racing restlessly, left with nothing to do but overthink. What are you gonna do when you get back to Bonesborough? Will anything change, really? 

You aren't sure how long you've been staring at the wall, but you assume it's been awhile. You sit up with a sigh, looking up at the window. The moon is much higher in the sky than it was a moment ago. Or what felt like a moment ago. You stand up as quietly as possible and sit down on the windowsill. At least you'd have something to look at until your mind quiets down.  

A/N: I'm back from the dead :)