~They seem to excite, take off and take flight, to shock and amaze~

Now playing: Arabian Nights from Aladdin 

It was amazing how much silence you and Hunter were able to fit into the day. Neither of you had spoken a word to the other as you ate and checked out of the inn. Not a sound out of either witch as you walked through the small town and continued into the woods on the path you marked. 

Not a word until you decide you've had enough.

"I don't know how much longer I can take being so quiet." You sigh. "I'm sorry for making you help me commit a crime, okay?"

"I'm not mad. Especially not at the whole crime-thing. I get it." You're almost surprised he spoke. "You're a criminal. Criminals commit crimes. It's your whole thing."

"Right, yeah." He really didn't see you as anything but a criminal, which is better off for the both of you. 

"What did you mean, when you.." His voice fades away into the sounds of the boiling isles, as he ponders whether or not to ask.

"When I..?"

"When you said we should 'stop pretending before it becomes real', or whatever it is you said."

Your eyes widen and you look down at your shoes, kicking around a stone while you walk.

"It's too early to get upset." You mutter. "But whatever. I just don't want to.. I don't want to become friends with you because we can't be friends, Hunter."

"Oh." He seems to understand, nodding. "I was hoping that wasn't it. But it's fine because I don't want to be your friend anyways."

"Good."

"Good."

"Can we.. talk anyways? I'm getting bored." You ask quietly, and he laughs a bit.

"Sure. What did you think of the Amphibia finale?" 

Yeah, yeah. The two teenagers walking in the forest and talking about their favorite human shows aren't friends. Those two hate each other.

==================

"Freeze your brain is good. But so is seventeen!" You complain as the two of you discuss your favorite Heathers songs. "Candy store might be my favorite, thou-" Your few hours of pretending to be friends is over as you hear more voices.

"No more mind control, you Siren. Just run, if things get messy then you can use legal spells." Hunter whispers, grabbing your hand and running off, dragging you along. As you run from the life threatening situation, your mind still drifts to the fact that he's holding your hand. He could've grabbed your wrist or something. And you could let go. But you don't.

"Okay, if anybody finds us again I'll just.." You really didn't have any plans. "Use.. magic?"

"No way, I would've thought your strengths were in fist fighting!"  Hunter responds sarcastically as you slow down to catch your breath. You decide to see how long it takes for Hunter to realize you're holding hands and let go. For fun, not because you don't want to let go.

"Yeah, yeah, pretty boy." You wave your other hand in the air and laugh a bit through your short breaths. 

"Shut up and follow me before they catch up, siren." He still hasn't let go of your hand as he drags you farther through the forest. He's clearly got more stamina than you, but you usually make your escapes on staff.

"Look, we've been running for like ten minutes and I have little to no stamina." You stop him, catching your breath as you reach into your bag with the hand that isn't holding his for a water bottle. You drink like half the bottle at once, because you're DyiNg. 

"So, you gonna let go of my hand?"

"You're the one who's holding mine." You respond, staring down at your hands. Both of you let go at the same time, shaking off your hands for any traces of the other in complete disgust. 

"Hopefully we don't get kidnapped." Hunter sighs, sitting down on the forest floor as you do the same.

"Again." 

"Yeah, again." He looks you in the eyes and both of you start laughing. 

"You're making it really hard to hate you, Blondie." You say through laughter as you wipe your eyes.

"..You too." He pauses, and you both calm down for a second. "But luckily, I'm good at hating people." He shrugs, and you wonder for a split second whether or not that was a joke.

"Unluckily, I'm not." You joke. "But I'm not too fond of coven witches, so-"

"Shut up, siren." He nudges you playfully in the ribs.

"You shut up, 'Golden Guard'." 

--------------------------------

A/N: Siren is the name of my DND character lmao