16

you suddenly turn to your right and stare at wilbur, kind of confused.

"uh..i-" you start.

"nevermind," he interrupts you, "why are you out so early? what happened? are you okay?" the words just fly out of his mouth, it's lowkey cute.

"hun, relax," your confused face turns into a smile and then a laugh, "come here," you outstretch your arm to signal him to sit with you.

"okay, i'm sorry," he giggles. he looks at his phone and it looks like he sent a quick text, but then he turns it off and turns his whole attention to you.

"alright, lemme explain since you look petrified," you chuckle then continue, "i woke up and kinda just stayed up while you were still asleep, and then i went to the bathroom and looked out the window and saw how pretty it was, so i wanted to come outside, and now here i am."

"um, well alright...i guess i overreacted a little," wilbur chuckles and looks down into his lap.

"awww, no it's alright! it's my fault, i should've left a note or something. plus, it was dumb to turn my phone off completely," you take his hands in yours, and motion him to turn his body to his left towards you. you turn to the right and sit cross-crossed on the bench facing wilbur, then lean towards him and place a quick kiss on his cheek.

his face turns into the cutest smile ever, with his eyes slightly closed and head cocked a bit back. then he looks down at you and pats your head

"i'm really glad nothing happened to you," he said with a smile.

you lay against his left shoulder with your legs up on the bench forming a right triangle, scrolling through instagram. wilbur partly has his arm around you, but he's mostly just playing with your hair.

"will, look," you open snapchat and raise your phone for a photo. he turns his head to the left, confused, then smiles and puts his head on yours for the photo.

"awww, that's so adorable," you say when you see it. "here, i'll send you it."

"aw, that is quite cute."

author's note:
hii everyone!! thank you so much for all the reads lately: from 570 to 700 in one day, wow!! i'd love to hear (or in this case see) what you think so feel free to comment something! twitch con seems so fun, and i love how much the creators are bonding with each other. karl's stream today from the amsterdam canals was so fun to watch haha. anyway, i hope you're all doing well!!
~lucs

date of publication: july 17 2022
word count: 458