15

i woke up once again probably around 5:30. i blink a few times to understand where i am, and then i realize that izzy isn't with me.

a quick panic rushes through my body as i've just woken up, but then i think she's just gone to the bathroom.

just to make sure though, i want to stay up until she comes back. i turn my head to the left and look out the part of the window that the curtain didn't cover. it looks so pretty out, like light pink cotton candy skies dappled with rain drops here and there. i'll just wait until she returns.

it's probably been around five minutes just looking out the window, and it starts time for me to have a valid reason to worry. i turn my head back to the right and look and tommy and tubbo. still asleep, and no use in waking them up...yet. as i shift my body around and look up at the couch, i notice ranboo also sleeping.

just to make sure, i climb off my mattress and head to the bathroom. lightly tapping on the door with my ear pressed against it, i whisper, "izz? you in there?"

couple seconds go by. no answer.

fuck, alright, fine.

i turn around and head down the hallway a bit until i reach my room on the left. i peek in there too, and besides a bare bed frame, throw pillows on the ground, and my open window, i don't see izzy.

i decide to just call her, how have i been so stupid to forget that i could do that earlier. i ring her twice, but no answers. i even text her, but it just says delivered.

now i start picking up my pace, and i go back into the living room. i scan around the area, but i see nothing out of ordinary. ranboo starts to wake up from my commotion, and he looks at me puzzled.

"what are you doing?" ranboo shout-whispers at me.

"i can't find izzy," i return the voice and walk towards him.

"i- what," he awkwardly chuckles, but then returns serious after reading my expression, "um, okay, i'll help you look for her," he tells me.

"i don't think she's in here, so she must've gone out," i'm more thinking out loud than talking to ranboo at this point. "i guess we'll have to go outside then. i'll turn left and you go right."

a small pit in my stomach leads me into thinking of things i wouldn't be able to forgive myself with if i let happen, so i quickly shake them off and snap back to reality.

"stop it, will. you're being dramatic."

ranboo takes a moment to get up, comb his finger through his hair, and finally nod at me.

"well this is an interesting thing to wake up to," he says under his breath as he follows me out the door. i chuckle to lighten the mood and because, well, he's right.

"we'll stay in touch. if you find anything, just text me," i tell him once we're outside. he agrees and heads off his way, and so do i.

i start jogging around, nothing to be found. just empty streets and sidewalks, quite normal for six in the morning.

i admit that i tend to skip cardio more than i should at the gym, so i'm a little out of breath after a bit. panting, i turn the corner and finally find my girl.

"where the hell have you been?" i bluntly ask her, completely forgetting manners.

author's note:
hii everyone!! how are you all doing? i definitely feel myself getting more into wattpad and writing, so stay excited for more parts! i try not to care about numbers, but the decrease in reads per part is kinda discouraging, but i completely understand after my lack of activity. anyway, i hope you're all well; shoot a comment on the story and i'll take a look at it!
~luca

date of publication: july 10th 2022
word count: 611