a kiss

It all started with a kiss. A simple kiss.

Seo Changbin and I, we hit it off really good. Fuck, I was even sure he was my soulmate. But sometimes life didn't want to be simple.

As simple as this stupid kiss was. Okay, maybe it wasn't a simple kiss. Maybe we made out for a whole period.

Because, as many of you may assume, it might have been Seo Changbin, the Seo Changbin, who kissed me. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

My first kiss has been stolen by no other than Lee Minho. It wasn't anything the two of us planned. In fact, I could imagine 100 things I would rather do than kiss Lee Minho but we kind of stumbled into that situation.

Really.

It was the day I wanted to skip Korean Literature. I was on my way to see our nurse but she was nowhere to be found. So, I sat there. Accompanied by one of my closest friends who was actually sick. At least that's what I thought but with Minho you couldn't be too sure.

"Your face stinks."

"So do you."

"Wanna make out?"

"Okay."

Did you see my problem here? I was literally seduced. There was no way I could have said no. He had his way with words and he knew how to use them good.

"Han."

There it was. This man never called me by my first name. Not even a Hanji. Just Han.

Han. HAN RIVER. Jisung meant love of stars. Why couldn't he just use that?

"Minho."

"Was that your first kiss? Because you kind of sucked."

Oh for fucks sake. All these years of kissing my pillow imagining Seo Changbin's soft and plump lips did not help. Well, at least I didn't embarrass myself in front of him.

"Yeah, kinda."

He raised an eyebrow, looking at me from my head to toes. Boss like a lion or something.

Then he put his strong, muscular, scrumptious arm around my shoulder as he inched closer to my ear.

"I could teach you," Minho whispered.

Usually, I hated it when people whispered but fuck, that was actually hot? Anyway. I could not stand this man. He was getting in the way of getting married to the love of my life.

"Pass. Your breath stinks." I pushed him away from me.

Wasn't true, he smelled kind of minty. Not the weird toothpaste mint though. Weirdly enough, I kind of liked it.

"Well then, wanna kiss again?"

"Okay."

He was so convincing, it drove me insane. What kind of magic was lying in his words? But for some reason, I also couldn't find it in me to stop kissing him for the rest of the period. Minho was just someone who looked very hot when he had swollen lips and especially when I pulled his hair and messed it up. Objectively speaking.

Anyone could see that, there were no feelings involved.

The bell rang to indicate the beginning of the next lesson but for me it meant I was able to go home since my teacher called in sick or something. She may have given birth to be honest.

"It was fun, Han. We should do this again."

Someone wipe this stupid smirk off his face! He had the fucking audacity to wink at me too when he walked away.

And it may have been... attractive.

Except it wasn't. Because he wasn't Seo Changbin who was standing right in front of me with flowers in his hands.

"Oh, hi Binnie!" I smiled at him but for some reason he didn't return that smile.

"Hello Sungie, are you feeling better?"

I nodded as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Why is your face so red?" If I didn't know it any better, I would have thought he looked sad. But he was Changbin, he always told me when something happened. Because that was what best friends did. They told each other everything. But I also couldn't find it in me to tell him about... This. Whatever this was. He would scold me if I told him it was kissing but emotionless. Changbin believed that the first kiss should have been with someone who you really respected and cared for. It didn't have to be love, it had to be with someone you could always be comfortable with.

And to be fair, I was able to be comfortable with Lee Minho. We made fart jokes the other day at the cafeteria.

"Don't worry about it, I will just rest a bit at home. Who are these flowers for?"

Hoping he would just brush it off and assume I had a fever.

When I took his free hand, because we liked holding hands a lot actually, he lowered his head, looking at his shoes.

"Uh- I- actually..."

There was an unbearable silence lying between us – not something I was used to. You see, with Seo Changbin, there has never been a time where we sat in awkward silence. Caw Caw Caw.

He looked back at me, his face flushed red. Maybe he should have went to the nurse but only God knew where she was right now. Not that she died but where the hell was this woman?

As he suddenly kept quiet and looked behind me, I turned around to see who or what he was looking at.

"Hwang Hyunjin?"

"Huh?" I turned back around to him only to see Changbin furrow his eyebrows.

So he liked someone else... That was just fucking great.

Amazing even. Yeah, and it had to be stupid Hwang Hyunjin too. The most perfect and annoying person I knew.

"Oh. Yeah, Hwang Hyunjin asked me out."

Someone could have shot me right then and there because my heart wasn't functioning anyway.

"Oh."

"Yeah. Oh."

And there it went. The breaking of my heart felt suffocating. This was horrible. What did Hwang have that I didn't? And he got him my favourite flowers too. I loved Allium.

"They're really pretty."

And so were you.

"Thank you."

Maybe in another life.

"We should go."

We should.

--

hello, i am back with another minsung fic.