Chapter 11: Free tickets and rituals

"I'm actually really terrified"

Tae POV:

Score! I got 5 free tickets to our concert so y/n can bring her friends. In the meeting I just left we discussed how the concert was gonna be moved to 2 days earlier. I'm really exhausted but I text y/n.

Tae:
Hi beautiful
                                                                                      Y/n:
                                                              Hola! How can I            help you?

Tae:
Well I was wondering if you'd,
Like 5 free tickets to my upcoming
Concert?

Y/n:
Sure! Also I have
a rehearsal after school and...

Tae:
I already know! I'm 100%
Going. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Y/n
So glad! You're not
gonna blow me off, right?

Tae:
Why would I even think about that.

She doesn't respond so I decide to start my vocals with T.

Mei POV:

It's time. In 2 days I was having my ritual. I'm going to get rid of my panda, I haven't seen y/n for longer than I should've. I wish she/they were here to see everything I'm going through.

Y/n POV:

I get to Mei-Mei's house to inform her about the five free tickets but once I get let in I feel the dread glooming over the house.

"Hi auntie" I say nervously chuckling, till I realize she seems a bit stern.

"Ah, y/n, Mei is in her room. And her ritual is in fact in 2 days. I would love for you to come." Auntie says standing up and looking at me.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world" I smile and walk to Mei's room. I knock and when I don't hear anything I slowly open the door with a awkward smile.

"Heyyyy Mei. Listen, Igotusfive4townticketsbutitsthesamedayasyourritualsoilljustgivethemaway." I say extremely quick feeling awful.

"Oh my god! We get to see 4town- wait same day as my ritual!" She tells popping from her bed covers. "No this can't be happening. This was how I was supposed to become a woman." Mei slumps down and I sit next to her. "It's okay Mei. I understand how hard it is." I say.

"No, no one does. I like my panda and I wanna keep it, I wanna see that concert" she says. "What? But Mei, the power can be very dangerous, and" before I can finish she cuts me off. "Y/n. It's my choice. And I wanna be like this. Please support me." She says. "I support you no matter what Mei-Mei." I hug her and she hugs back as I hear her faint cries.

~3 hours later~

I left Mei's house and got into the theatre. We were gonna go over the songs today and I was excited. This was a main part of the production and I was freaking out. As long as Tae's here, I'll be calm and relax. I think and my shoulders grow less tense.

We're about to start with Ariel's first song and so far Tae hasn't showed up. Maybe he'll be here for my part? Right?

It was my turn and I was kinda sick to the stomach. "Hey you okay?" I hear a voice behind me say.

I turn around to meet eyes with Julien. He's a boy in my art, drama, and pe class. Extremely nice, extremely cute, and very funny.

"Uh- I'm actually really terrified." I say as my voice dies down at the end of my sentence. "Don't be afraid, you seem like you'll be a fantastic singer." He says. "Do you even know who I am" I ask lightly chuckling. "Why wouldn't I? You're y/n in my pe, art, and drama class." He says smiling at me.

"So what part did you get?" He asks. "I got Ursula." I say. "Sick! Funny thing. We may be working together a lot, I play on of Ursula's eels because I need an A in this class." He says, I laugh a bit. "I'll look forward to that." I smile and the speaker turns on.

"Ursula song testing!" The speaker blares. I cover my ears and walk on.

Tae is no where to be found. I tense up extremely, but when I turn around I see Julien smiling at me.

So I sang my heart out.