Chapter 1: Me/Backstory/and an emo boy

Y/N POV:
I'm Y/N, I'm an oddly normal girl, with a normal family... or that's how people see it...

My family.. has a gift, or curse. When girls in the family come of age, we turn into a red panda. Me? I got he power of nature. I can grow plants, make roots come from the ground... I can also harness the power of other elements, like the Last Airbender.

Yet that's in the past. Well. Ever since my brother died.

~Flashback~

I was 11 at the time, he was only 9... We were in our  small village town in China. A fire somehow went off in the town... I-I- I tried to save him. I was too young, I wasn't good at using my powers... I was too late. My house was gone, he. He was gone.

I decided to leave my powers in the past. It was a red moon, my mom invited my aunties and my aunt brought my cousin Meilen, I call her Mei-Mei. She was 10 at the time but auntie left her in the car to make sure she didn't know about the ceremony. I got my power locked away in an ember necklace.

~Now~

I don't speak of my brother, no one does. My mom kept it a secret. She told everyone he ran away... I don't even think Mei-Mei has ever met him.

Now, I work at the temple sometimes, I'm not a clean freak like Mei but I focus on drawing and helping injured pets. Usually at the park I see an injured animal so o help it then take it to a shelter.
I go to the same school as Mei-Mei, all the grades go to one school for some reason.
I listen to a little bit of 4town, okay, I listen to a lot of 4town. I hide that My biased is Tae Young because Abby will kill me if I mention I liked him. I'm not the crazy fan girl type, but his voice is amazing, his hair is so fluffy and perfect, he has beautiful hazelnut eyes, his baby blue nails, ugh and his adorable smile, there is nothing not to love about him... but I chose to focus more on school and drawing.

(6 days later)

I walk into the temple and greet auntie, uncle and.. a RED PANDA?!? "It's happening already?" I questioned not completely shocked. "You know too?!?" The panda groaned as it plopped onto the ground whining. "Don't worry, the red moon is only a month away.." Auntie Ming assured Pan- Mei.

(2 days later)

I walk by the temple to pick up Mei-Mei. Every since she turned 13 Auntie Ming let us walk to school together. We have been walking to school together for the past year.

As we walk into the school, I see 5 people in black hoodies, black masks that cover their mouth, and black hats. "Emo much." Miriam said as she walked up to us staring at the same group of boys. "Their new." She told us. "The look oddly familiar." Priya states.

{Weird} I think to myself.

As we were walking through the halls I was studying for my History test till I bump into someone... "Oh- I-I'm so sorry. Please forgive me, sorry." I say quickly as I start to gather my notebooks and pencils as I look kinda up, I see the person I bumped into picking up their stuff. "It's totally oka-" they stop as we make eye contact while in the middle of picking up our stuff. He had what seemed to be blonde hair, adoring hazelnut eyes.. I snapped out of my trance and got all my stuff and stood up straight. "Sorry again" I say as I see him look up to me, eyes wide then quickly shut as it seems to be him smiling.

I look in the hallway a few feet from me, ugh it's Tyler, he's making fun of Mei's new beanie. {Jerk} I think to myself. As I'm about to walk over to, "chat" with Tyler, the boy in all black we were looking  at earlier stands up holding his notebooks, "So, uh- what's your name?" He asks seeming confuse and curious. "Y/N, you?" I question. "Uh- uh- I-" he kept stuttering. "It's ok. You don't have to tell me" I say kinda depressed.

[People on school know me as the calm, depressed, zen nerd girl who lost a brother. Also known for hurting anyone who tries to hurt me or a loved one of mine.]

I walk away towards Mei and Tyler...