Chapter 9: Taking the risk

"I can't..."

Y/N POV:

Y/N POV:

Another day back at school. Auditions are later, and I'm taking the risk. As I walk to the temple my dads words of the night before gave me an extra boost of excitement.

"Y/N! Todays the day!" Mei says as she runs out the temple. "Day for?" I ask not completely sure what she's think of. "Number 1, THE AUDITIONS!" Mei jumps up and down excitingly. "Are you nervous?" She asks me. "When am I nervous." I ask her chuckling. "All the time." She says sarcastically.

Once we get into the school, I see Mei run off to her girl group and annoying Tyler leaning against a wall with a mischievous look. This ain't gonna turn out well.

"Hey y/n!" I hear from behind me. I turn to meet eyes yet again with Tyson. "Hi!" I say. Honestly, I feel a weird feeling in my stomach. A feeling of pure joy. Weird.

"I decided to try out for Eric. And Flounder." He says as he walks with me to our class. "I decided to go for Ariel." I say as proud as ever. Oh god.

[ time skip ]

" okay class, I'm gonna record each of your auditions. Just say what character then act out a line. Also we must hear your voice if your gonna sing" Ms. Hange said as she fixed her glasses.

"Hi,  I''m Aiden and I wanna audition for Ariel"

"Hi, I'm Trinity and I wanna audition for Ariel"

"Hi I'm Jacob and I wanna audition for the dog"

"Hi I'm Larry and I wanna audition for scuttle"

"Hi I'm Stacy and I will audition for Ariel."

Oh my god. Stacy's performance was fantastic. How will I be able to put stage her?!? I'm 3rd in line, in front of Tyson and my eye sight is going blurry, my body is numb... I may black out. "I can't..." I'm able to get out of mouth.

"What?" Tyson asked looking at me concerned. " I can't beat her." I say gaining conscious ness. "Stop being so down. I believe in you." He said looking me in the eyes.

For some reason, his eyes remind me of someone but I can't pin point who...

"Next!" Ms. Hange yells. " I stand up and walk in front of the table and camera. "Hi. I'm y/n and I'm going for the role of...

Ariel"

2 hours later...

I was waiting outside til I see Tyson walk out of the room. I immediately stand up and hug him.

"Thank you for the confidence! I hope you get your part!" I say excitedly breaking the hug. "Yeah- about the audition..." before he could finish I cut him off, "Here." I handed him a piece of paper which had my number. "Maybe we could go somewhere sometime" I say smiling as the bell rings. " I have to go but text me!" I say walking off.

Tae POV:

As y/n finished her audition, the few people ahead of me went. As they were auditioning, I checked my schedule just to make sure I was set for anything, and that's when I saw the date. The time of the play and my concert are exactly right after the other.

~shoot~

How am I supposed to tell y/n?!? I just comforted her and now I'm backing out! I walked out and she immediately hugged me.

~skip~

I watched as she walked off. I tried to tell her that I couldn't audition but instead I got her number. Hey, plus one I guess, but also negative 1 because I DIDNT TELL HER!

Y/N POV:

I dropped Mei off after we got off the bus. I walked home excited to tell my dad I didn't chicken out. When I got in my room I dropped my bag and sat at my desk till my phone had a ding.

Unknown: hi

Unknown: It's Tyson, wanna hang out tonight? 8pm?

Tae POV:

~ if she agrees to tonight, I'm gonna confess~

Y/N POV:

As I was about to respond I got another message from an unknown number...

Unknown: Hi! It's Ms. Hange I'd like to congratulate you on being the understudy for Ariel...

... and the role of
URSULA.

A/N:
Sorry for the late post, hope you enjoyed this chapter! ♥️ Also, a lot of shiz is gonna go down in the next chapter.