9. two of a kind

"You could never bother me"

July 6th 

Sofia wakes up to the sound of Dustin's voice. Dustin's very loud voice.

"Sofy, phone!" he yells from another room. She groans and picks up the phone from her bedside table. "Hello?" she asks, with a raspy morning voice.

"H-hi, it's Robin" Robin says. Sofia quickly sits down, not expecting Robin to call. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up"

"Oh, it's okay. H-how did you get my phone number?" Sofia asks, blushing through the confusion she felt.

"Oh, I asked Steve. I hope that's okay-" Robin responds.

"It is, don't worry" Sofia says, with a smile on her face.

"Look, I know I asked you to go to the movies with me, but since the mall got destroyed, I thought that maybe you could come over to my house and watch a movie?" Robin suggests, sounding hesitant.

"Yes, yes, that would be perfect" Sofia says. Robin could understand by Sofia's tone that she was smiling. Robin loved Sofia's smile, and even just thinking about it made her blush.

"Great! My parents aren't home 'cause they're gone for the weekend... n-not that it matters, I just thought you would... like to know... Hm, we do need to rent a movie, I was thinking, maybe, The Breakfast Club?" Robin says, still hesitant.

"Yeees!" Sofia says, with excitement filling her voice.  "Can I come pick you up by 3? I need to go over Cher's"

"Oh yeah, no worries" Robin responds.

"Thanks. Well, I gotta get ready, so see you later" Sofia says, before hanging up the phone.

"Bye!" Robin says and hangs up the phone. Robin screams into her pillow, but, for the first time, out of happiness. Since the 4th of July, Sofia's been living rent free in her mind. Robin thinks back to the moments when they held hands, when they were close, when they were resting their heads on each other's shoulder, and can't believe only two days passed by.

Two painful days without seeing Sofia made Robin's desire for her even stronger.

Sofia hangs up the phone, gets up from bed and starts squeaking with excitement and jumping around. "Sofia, are you okay?" she hears her mother ask from the kitchen.

"Yes mom!" Sofia says and stops jumping. She looks over to her door and Dustin's there, looking at her with a soft smile. "Shut up" she tells him.

"I didn't say anything!" he says, putting his arms in the air. "So... Robin, huh"

"Yes, Robin" Sofia smiles. "I think it was a bit obvious"

"Oh, trust me, it was. I just needed confirmation" he says and laughs, getting out of his sister's bedroom.