4. the Vents and Venting

TW: ASSAULT

TW: ASSAULT.

Sofia stops at Cher's door, and sees the lights are off. She curses to herself and rings the doorbell, hoping someone will answer.

She stands there for a couple of minutes, ringing and knocking. Nobody answers, and the sadness starts to sink in. You're such a terrible friend, she deserves a better best friend, you're awful, while she's out there going to risk her life you were doing dumb shit.

Sofia's thoughts invade her mind as she walks to the car. It was like a walk of shame. Getting closer to the car, she sees a man by it. She takes a deep breath and holds onto her keys, hoping that all the terrible things that came to her mind when she saw the man weren't true.

"Excuse me, do you need something? This is my car..." she says, approaching him.

"You could give me something" the man says with a smirk, making Sofia freeze in fear as he walks closer to her.

Sofia tries to move, but it's as if her feet are glued to the ground. "Give me your wallet" the man says.

Sofia gulps. She grabs her wallet and gives it to him, while her breathing's accelerating and her heart's beating rapidly on her chest. He opens it and takes out the two 50$ bills. Then, he reaches for his pocket, grabbing a gun. 

Sofia starts to panic, but still can't move. He looks at the gun and flips it in the air, like he was just playing around. He loads the gun.

Sofia's fight or flight kicks in and she starts sprinting, but before she can get away, he grabs her by her waist. 

She cries out loud, in despair. She could feel his disgusting breath against her neck, his fingers grabbing her side and his strong grip not letting her go.

"We could have some fun together, huh?" the man asks, smiling. A sick smile because he was enjoying it. Sofia stops crying, hoping that she can think for a second.

He places the gun in her head, trailing it down her body. She shivers.

"No, please... no" she whimpers. She knew that's what he wanted, but she was in stress.

"Come on-" he starts talking, but she kicks him in the crouch and runs to her car. She quickly gets the car started and starts driving.

Her mind is empty, trying to figure out what happened. There's not a single thought running through her mind.

She spends the drive calming herself down. When she gets home, she switches to her pajamas and cries herself to sleep.

The next morning was hard for Sofia. She didn't want to get up. She couldn't. But, since Dustin wanted to keep investigating, she had to get ready and go. She slowly got up from the bed, got dressed and made coffee to go.