A bit of rest

Arthur woke up with a groan and noticed almost immediately noticed the soft snores next to him, he smiled when he saw you sleeping next to him, your head settled on his shoulder.

He smiled, even more, when you gave a low, content, growl when he scratched the back of your ear.

"Ya' know, being a so-called the big bad wolf, you sure like cuddles, ain't that right?"

Arthur says and you growl in response, Arthur petted your head before sighing.

"Alright, get off me, ya' big ball of fluff," Arthur says before crunching up his nose " you might need a bath though, hunter"

You yawn and jump off the cot, seeing that it was early in the morning, since the sun is rising.

Arthur chuckled when you nudged prowler to move over from the dog bed, prowler just let out a sleepy growl at you, and you just looked at Arthur as a plea for help, the man chuckled and shooked his head.

"Sorry bud, can't help you there"

Arthur says before standing up, going to attend to his horse.

~~~~~

Both you and prowler walk toward the camp with Jack walking happily behind, during playtime when you were playing with Jack, prowler managed to catch a rabbit while still making sure that the both of you are not in danger.

You even got a bit of mud scarred all around your body

You yawn and lay down in a tree shade once you reach the camp, your mind wanders to the past few months, back when you were friends with cain.

The unusual dog both made you curious and amused you, but when the gang was packing they couldn't find the brown-colored hound, leaving questions in everyone's heads.

You sigh and lazily look around, you tilt your head to the side when you hear coughing, seeing Arthur struggle to catch a breath as he lays the hay bales on the ground.

Standing up, you trot toward him with concern, whining slightly when he brushes you off as he speaks.

"Don't worry, I'm fine...just... a bit tired"

You scoff and look at the hay, seeing a rope wrapped around it with a bit left to be able to pull.

You grab the rope and pushed, the hay moved with you as you dragged it to the horses, a few of the gang members were amused by the sight, after all, it's not always you see a wolf drag a hay bale to the horses.

The horses happily munched on the hay as you ran back to Arthur, seeing an amused grin on his face.

"I'm beginning to think that you'd work better in a ranch," Arthur said as he scratch the back of your ear before chuckling " but then you'd eat every animal there, won't you?"

Arthur says as he brushes off the fur on his clothes before re-adjusting your loose collar as he signed.

"Alright, c'mon, let's get you cleaned"

~~~~~~

You weren't used to baths, normally if you got dirty you'd just clean your fur coat as you run in a freshwater river, so having a bath was unusual, even when you were with your old masters.

You weren't misbehaving per se but you did occasionally snap at Arthur whenever he tries to reach for your paws, even growling at him through the process of cleaning your paw pads once you've calmed down.

You don't mean to be aggressive in any way nor snap at him, but he seems to not mind it as Arthur carefully pours water on the brim of your nose, he chuckles when you sneeze.