Arthur's back

Warning, blood, death etc, grammar issues and I think that's it

You wrap your tail around you for warmth and ignore the loud noise outside, lately, you've lost weight because you struggled to eat, weighing less than 60 pounds, enough to see the outline of your ribs, making the few remaining gang members, concerned.

Your ear picked up on the loud cheering, you ignore it and sigh, trying to catch up on sleep after a long hunt.

You raise your head slightly when the door opened and waged your like no tomorrow when you saw Arthur, you sat up and tilted your head when you saw his naturally sun-kissed skin was red-ish and slightly darker, especially on his face, meaning he has out in the sun.

You gave out a loud satisfied growl as Arthur scratched the back of your ears, you waged your tail as he petted you, he took notice of your loss in weight and gave you a small sad smile because of it.

"Hey, girl, you haven't been eating? It's okay now, we'll get you back in shape in no time"

He says gently as the others go outside to investigate the trotting, Sadie walks behind Arthur as she crosses her arms.

"She hasn't been eating since you've gone, only as recently she's been eating again"

Sadie says calmly as you lay down and Arthur sighs, your ears perk up when you hear the door open, with the last few members of the gang in one piece.

Yawning, you sigh and close your eyes, letting the darkness of slumber take you.

~~~~

You woke up abruptly when you hear the loud gunshots soaring through the cool air, a few of the women were taking cover behind the practically unstable walls of the cabin.

You whimper slightly when a bullet shoots next to you, looking around you see that getting out of the house was practically impossible unless you'd want a bullet wound.

You just lay on the ground until the shooting stops, taking a deep breath, you stand and walk out of the house, immediately seeing dead law enforcement agencies scattered all over the ground.

You rush to examine prowler for any injuries, fortunately, you found none, as his chuckle made you blush by your protectiveness.

You sigh as the gang members check in with each other, the cool night breeze cooled your messy brown and grey fur, calming your senses along the way.

Brushing up against him, you walk back to the house or what's left of it, settling down on the porch you sigh and lay your head in between your paws, closing your silver-blue eyes to get some well-deserved rest.

~~~

In a course of a few weeks, you gain weight and become stronger, not as before, since you were not allowed to join in missions until you get to 90 pounds at best to be deemed healthy.

You've also noticed that Arthur was cothing more often, sometimes he needs a minute or so to regain his composure, the only one who took notice of this was Micah, who often poked fun of him because of it.

You sigh and shake your head to get rid of the thoughts as you walked up to Arthur's horse, Dawn, a blood-bay thoroughbred.

You brushed up against her affectionately and lay next to her in a tree shade, the horse calmly eating her hay.

Your ears perked up when jack ran toward you with an amused Arthur tagging along.

You gave out a sigh of contentment when the boy scratched your chin, making him giggle.