A friendly conversation

"So where exactly is this camp?"

You look at prowler's confused expression, his hazel eyes shining with confusion and curiosity.

"At Clements's point, not too long, why?"

You say and he looks away, thinking, before looking back at you.

"Nothing', just curious"

And with that, you both walked in comfortable silence, letting the sounds of the critters and rustling of the trees of the forest fill in the silence.

~~~~

"Huh, that's weird, they were supposed to be here...must've moved because of the law or something like that"

You whisper to yourself, confused by the sudden disappearance of the camp, as prowler took it upon himself to try find a lead.

You sigh and went to the lake of the old camp, looking for any snack to bite on.

But before you can manage to get a fish out of the water, prowler came out of nowhere with a weird cloth in his mouth.

You raise a brow, confused, and sat down close to the shore as prowler dropped the cloth on the mossy ground in front of you.

"Found this that still has a scent about that camp of yours, it's a few days old by now"

Prowler says, his voice is deep and honey-like which always makes you wonder how he has it like that.

"I'd say they went somewhere in the east, if we go now I think we can get pick up a scent if we're lucky"

You look at the lake to think, as prowler waited patiently, and you sigh -nodding- and motioning for him to take lead.

As you stand up you take one glance back at the river remembering jacks giggles when he plays with the river close to the shore, you can still take watch on him as you recover next to Arthur's cot.

The loud bark took your attention off the river and back at prowler, seeing the curiousness and kindness in his hazel eyes.

You and prowler had become quite close over the past week and a half, learning more about him and what he likes.

You may even say you had a slight crush on him, but you knew that by the way he was with you he wasn't interested.
~~~~~

"This is the second week now Dutch, we can't just give up..."

Arthur says to Dutch as he paces around the tent trying to think of a solution on how to get you back, but in the end, he sighs, looking back at a worry-filled Arthur, the sadness in Dutch eyes makes him think of the worse.

"I'm...sorry...son, but we can't go back to the camp...we don't know if there's the law waiting for us"

Dutch says, the sadness dripping through the cracks, Arthur looks down, nodding and walking away from Dutch's tent, going to his horse, not ready to give up on you, to give up on a friend.

The horse whines slightly before trotting off the camp, the faint voice of Dutch is what he heard as he trotted off and back on course to Clements's point.

'Why would he just leave her after all that she's been through with us...doesn't matter now she must be back at the old camp'

Arthur though as he leads the horse to Clement's point.

~~~~

"Hey, over here"

You look back at prowler, seeing him pointing at something on the dirt, as you walk closer you look at what he's looking at, seeing a wagon track, and it still had the same scent as the old camp cloth.