Chapter 20

Author's POV:

"I love you too" Mikasa's eyes widened. She looked at Annie in shock. "Yes, you heard that right, Mrs.Ackerman" Annie smiled.

Mikasa didn't say anything. She was too shock. She could only smile at Annie.

Wait, what about Annie's relationship with Armin? Isn't that considering as cheating? Having feelings towards someone else when you're in a relationship with someone.

Should she ask her about this? But she doesn't want to ruin this precious moment. And she didn't want to ruin this chance, making Annie remembers about Armin when she didn't need to.

But that's not fair. She wants Armin to be happy too. Taking the girl he loves...she can't do that even that will make her happy.

"Mika? You good?" Mikasa snapped out from her thoughts. "Oh yeah, I'm fine. It's just, shocking" Annie chuckled. Mikasa smiled to herself.

They continued to eat in comfortable silence. Mikasa looked at Annie every time she gets the chance. The look on her face screamed that she was happy.

But again, about her and Armin. What will happen if she ask her out? That will make her the bad friend.

Armin believed in her so much that words could not describe it. If she tried to ask Annie out, Armin would feel betrayed. And worst of all, he would never believe her again.

She couldn't think straight. What will she do next? Ask her out? Ask Annie about her relationship with Armin?

She doesn't know! She doesn't know what to say or what to do! She doesn't want to make Annie cheats on Armin with her. But she doesn't want to let Annie go either.

What a mess she got herself into. She sighed slowly. Slow enough for only herself can hear it. Maybe she could ask her after this.

"Mikasa! Are you okay?" Mikasa snapped out of her thoughts when Annie slapped her hand on the table. "O-oh, yeah..." Mikasa was silent. She looked up from her food and realized Annie was staring at her.

"I-I have something to ask you..." Mikasa said slowly. She took a deep breath and looked at Annie in the eyes. Annie raised her eyebrow at her.

"What is this question you wanna ask?" Annie asked as she stuffed her mouth with food. "It's about you and Armin" Annie stopped chewing.

She slowly looked at Mikasa. Mikasa was closing her eyes and looked down instead of looking at her direction.

Shit, I forgot about that.

"O-oh, Armin.."

"Look, I have a confession I have to make" Annie said, putting the fork down on the plate. "What is that confession?" Mikasa asked, feeling scared.

"Me and Armin is fake dating because we want to see how you and Eren would react if we got together because we love you" Annie explained. Mikasa looked at her in disbelief. What?

"I understand what you're saying but, what?" Annie face palmed herself. Mikasa was shocked. Shocked.

"Mikasa, we are fake dating" Annie repeated herself, hoping Mikasa would understand. "You? And Armin? Fake dating?" Annie nodded. Mikasa suddenly stood up and slammed her hands against the table.

Annie looked at Mikasa in shock. "You and Armin were fake dating this whole time?!" Mikasa repeated, a little louder this time. Annie nodded her head.

Mikasa sat down back on the chair with unbelievable expression. "You were lying this whole time?" Mikasa asked. Annie bit her lips and nodded.

"Why?" Mikasa asked again. "I think I've already told you?" Annie responded. Mikasa was quite for a little.

"Okay, yes, you're right. You've had already said it" Mikasa sighed and stuffed her mouth with her breakfast. Annie chuckled. They continued to eat their breakfast but Annie was holding something back.

"I'm sorry, Mika. I'm sorry for deceiving you. This was all planned. Everything Armin and I did was planned, Mika. I'm sorry" Annie said out of the blue. Mikasa stopped chewing on her food and look at Annie.

"All of this? Including the time that me, Eren, Sasha and Connie went to the park?" Annie nodded, feeling ashamed. "You know what? Let's eat first, if you explain to me everything now, our food will be untouched" Mikasa said. Annie shrugged and they continued eating.

What a shocking morning.