Chapter 18

Author's POV:

"Bye, Annie, see you again!" Bertholdt waved at Annie and Annie waved back from the front door of Mikasa's house. Annie watched Reiner's car drove away. She closed the front door and locked it.

She sighed and went upstairs to Mikasa's room. She went inside her room and saw Mikasa laying down on her bed with her backside facing the ceiling and her hands and legs were opened wide. Annie chuckled to herself and sat down on Mikasa's study desk.

Annie let out a little laugh when Mikasa snored. It was cute, she's not gonna lie. Annie smiled and thought back about what she and Bertholdt had talked about in the car.

Bertholdt had asked her what does Mikasa meant to her. She didn't answer at first, but Bertholdt kept asking her the same question and kind of pushing her a little to answer that question. It made her had enough and let out a stupid answer.

She answered-

"Annie~!" Annie snapped out from zoning and looked at Mikasa who was looking at her with a smile. "Please go to sleep, Mikasa" Annie said. Mikasa pouted and shook her head.

"Hmm? You don't want to go to sleep?" Mikasa shook her head again and sat up. Annie raised a brow at Mikasa's facial expression. Annie noticed Mikasa starting to look sick.

She stood and went to her to guide her to the bathroom. "Come on, Mikasa. Just relax" Mikasa leaned against the rim of the toilet. Annie was thankful that Mikasa's hair was not that long so she didn't need to hold it, but she kept a hand on her shoulder in a comforting gesture.

She jerked away and grimaced when Mikasa puked into the toilet. She could handle gross, but this was a lot. But Mikasa needed the support and so Annie would give it to her.

"Sorry..." Mikasa panted. Annie stood up and took Mikasa's hand to help her up. Hands on Mikasa's waist helped to keep her steady.

"Hey, Mika, you need to get out of here. You need to relax" Mikasa did not resist Annie's attempts to drag her away. It was a challenge for Annie to guide Mikasa to her bed, but once she was in without saying anything, Annie could breath a sigh of relief.

"Yer so nice, Annie..." Mikasa turned to the side and made a lazy smile. Annie felt her breath hitch when Mikasa scooted closer to her and rested her head on her chest. "Thanks for takin' care of me"

"Of course I'm taking care of you. I'm not gonna leave you passed out just like that" Annie shook her head. "Or covered in puke. You need to pace yourself, Mika"

"I love you" Mikasa said quietly. Annie felt her heart leap into her chest at that. Mikasa stared at her with tired eyes.

There was a relaxed smile on her face. "Yer so perfect..."

"A-ah? You... love me?" Annie asked again as thought to make sure. Mikasa nodded. "I've loved you e-ever since we, uhm, first met. I think I love you because of your fashion style..." Annie did her best to swallow the lump that had formed in her throat. What a mess.

"Mika... let's get you to bed, okay?" Mikasa didn't resist and stood up clumsily. Annie got up and helped support Mikasa's unsteady body even though it was a lot of challenge.

As much as Annie wanted to share Mikasa's bed with her, especially after what she'd said... it didn't feel appropriate. She didn't want to feel like she was taking advantage of Mikasa drunken state. Mikasa giggled while Annie was looking for pajamas for Mikasa and herself.

Annie got some crop top and shorts ready and helped Mikasa get undressed. Her cheeks flushed whenever Mikasa was in her underwear. "Cold..."

"You're cold? But I'm too lazy to change you again, though. Just wear this, okay?" Annie asked apologetically. Mikasa pouted but nod nonetheless. Mikasa smiled at Annie as she rubbed her head.

"Yer so short" Annie bit the inside of her cheeks. She took a deep breath and sighed. Mikasa was drunk, she just said whatever crossed her mind. It's fine.

Mikasa let Annie move her to tuck her in. Her eyes were getting heavy. "I love you" Annie paused.

She wasn't sure what to say. She...