Chapter 17

Author's POV:

Annie slowly shoot up from her position when she heard a car pulling over by the lake. She suspected it will be Bertholdt and Reiner. She sat up crossed leg and waited for them to come over at where they were.

"Annie!" Bertholdt ran to her and looked around the place, same goes with Reiner. Annie looked at him and raised a brow. "Where are they?" Reiner asked as he looked down at unconscious Mikasa.

"Uhh, what's up with her? And where is Udo and Gabi?" Bertholdt asked again, growing impatient. He kneeled in front of Annie and put his hands on her shoulders. Annie shook her head. Both Reiner and Bertholdt raised a brow.

"I lied about Gabi and Udo, I just said that so you guys will come here and help me" Annie absentmindedly grabbed a beer and opened it, handed it to Bertholdt who was still looking at her in disbelief. "Annie, are you serious?" Bertholdt let out an unbelievable chuckle.

"Annie! Are you fucking serious?" Both Annie and Reiner raised both eyebrows in shock. Bertholdt didn't swore much, but whenever Bertholdt swore, it's the hottest thing for Reiner and the coolest thing for Annie.

Annie nodded and shrugged. Bertholdt sighed and sat down and crossed his legs. He accepted the beer Annie had handed to him and drank it.

"What's the emergency?" Reiner asked as he approached Bertholdt and sat besides him, crossed legs. "I actually just need one of you to help me" Bertholdt raised a brow. "Okay, what's that emergency then?" Bertholdt asked.

Annie pointed her finger to unconscious Mikasa. "Okay...?" Annie sighed at Reiner's response. "She's drunk" Annie said.

"I'm aware" Reiner replied. Bertholdt let out a chuckle. "I need one of you to help me put her in her car and send me to her house" Annie explained.

"Only that?" Reiner asked in disbelief as he took Bertholdt's beer and drank it. Annie nodded. "Why don't you do it by yourself?" Reiner asked.

"Oh, because I'm too lazy" She paused with a smile. Both Reiner and Bertholdt were waiting for her to continue. "Obviously I can't pick her up just like that!" She shouted.

Reiner let out a laugh while Bertholdt was trying to held his laugh. "Stop laughing and fucking help me" She stood up and picked up the beer bottles that already empty. She put it in the back of Mikasa's car.

Reiner got up and went to Mikasa. He took a deep breath and glanced at Bertholdt. Bertholdt shrugged and laugh.

"It's fine, Reiner. She wouldn't know about this if the three of us shut up" Bertholdt explained softly. Reiner shook his head. "Are you okay with this? Like, with me picking up Mikasa?" Bertholdt chuckled.

"I'm fine, Reiner" Bertholdt smiled. Reiner sighed and smiled lovely at Bertholdt. Oh, how lucky was he to have Bertholdt?

"Are you guys done being all lovely? I called you guys to come here to help me, not being all lovely" Annie rolled her eyes as she put the little picnic mat in the back of Mikasa's car. Bertholdt chuckled sheepishly and rub the back of his neck.

Reiner smiled and went to Mikasa's car with Mikasa in his hands. "Annie, please open the door for me" Reiner asked. Annie rolled her eyes again, she opened the door of Mikasa's car.

Reiner laid Mikasa down as nicely as he could in the back seat of her car. He got out of her car and looked at Annie and Bertholdt who were looking at him. "So?" Reiner asked.

"I just need Bertholdt to drive us to Mikasa's house. But you need to follow us, too" Annie ordered and get into the passenger seat of Mikasa's car. "Reiner, you follow us using your car. After we arrive at Mikasa's house, you still need to pick me" Bertholdt explained.

Reiner nodded. "After we arrive at her house, just get into my car right after you park her car, okay? We didn't finish yet" Reiner said as he pecked Bertholdt's cheek and gave him a wink. Bertholdt went red and immediately get into Mikasa's car.

"Let's go" Bertholdt said as he handed his hand at Annie, asking for Mikasa's car key. Annie handed him the car key and raised a brow. "What did Reiner say to you earlier?" Annie asked.

Bertholdt swallowed. "He said something about you and A-armin, that's all..." He lied. He saw Annie nodding and he felt relieved.

He started the car and put the car on drive with Reiner's car following them from behind. "Hey, Annie?" Bertholdt started. Annie hummed and glanced at Bertholdt with raised eyebrows.

"What does Mikasa mean to you?"