Chapter 19

Author's POV:

"I love you too, Mika... I hope you know that" Annie said lowly, almost sound like she was going to cry. Mikasa frowned and looked at Annie. "Why you cry?" Mikasa asked as she tried to get up but Annie pushes her back down.

"Just sleep, Mika. You're drunk" Mikasa giggled. "C'mere" Annie raised a brow. Mikasa's hand was on either side of Annie's cheeks.

She smiled and gave Annie a simple peck on her lips. She then let go of Annie's cheeks and smile again. "Mikasa... What was that for?" Annie whispered.

"That to make you happy!" Mikasa smiled happily. Annie blushed. Mikasa grabbed Annie's cheeks again and pushed her down to make her lay next to her.

Annie didn't resist when Mikasa won't let go of her cheeks. She relaxed to the touch instead. She sighed.

She needs to tell this to her, but right now is not a good time. She was drunk. She will not get it.

"I love you, Annie" Mikasa whispered. Annie bit her bottom lips. "I love you too, Mika. Now go to sleep" Annie make Mikasa let go of her cheeks.

She then rubbed Mikasa's head. Mikasa smiled and fell asleep. Annie smiled to herself.

"Goodnight, Mika"

•••

Mikasa frowned. She slowly opens her eyes. She looked around her room.

She was in her room? Wasn't she was at the lake? Mikasa frowned.

"Ain't no way..." She was drunk. She remembered that she was drunk. Mikasa quickly get up and ran to the living room as fast as she could.

When she arrived, she saw nobody. She didn't even saw a note! She took a deep breath.

"Relax, Mika" She whispered to herself. "Everything is not going to be fine, but that's okay" She whispered again. She sighed and crossed her arms.

"Umm, Mikasa? You okay?" She jumped and quickly turned around. Annie? Wasn't she supposed to be at her house?

"Annie? I thought you already head back home?" Mikasa asked. "No? What makes you think that?" Annie asked as she continued cooking breakfast for both of them. "I don't know"

Annie chuckled. "Now come here, breakfast is almost ready" Mikasa went to the kitchen and sat on the island. "So, do you mind telling me what happened last night?" Mikasa asked.

"We talked. We drink. You get drunk. I called Reiner to help me send you home" Annie explained. "That's all?" Mikasa asked. Annie raised a brow.

"I forgot Reiner was having a 'sleepover' at Bertholdt's house. He came to the lake with Bertholdt" Annie added. Mikasa chuckled. "I didn't say or do anything stupid, right?" Mikasa asked.

Annie went silent. She didn't say anything. She just remained silent.

Mikasa realized the lack of answer from Annie. She quickly looked at Annie in worry. "Annie...?" Mikasa called her.

"Here's your food" Annie put two plates on the table and sat there, waiting for Mikasa to sit down with her on the table. Mikasa went to the table and sat down next to Annie. Annie looked down at her food and sighed.

"You do said something stupid last night" Annie began and Mikasa took a deep breath. "I'm going to be honest, okay?" Annie said. Mikasa nodded slowly and stuffed her mouth with the food Annie made.

"You said you love me" Mikasa immediately choked. Annie looked at her and gave her water. She drank the water Annie gave her.

"You're kidding, right?" Annie shook her head. Mikasa gulped and looked at Annie in the eyes. Annie bit her lower lips nervously.

"Bertholdt said if a drunk person talk to you and said something shocking or confess their feelings to you, it's from their heart" Annie said and Mikasa gulped and broke the eye contact. Dang it, why would Bertholdt said that? Mikasa chuckled.

"How would he knows that?" Mikasa asked sarcastically. "If you're drunk, you can't think straight, Mikasa. You'll say whatever crossed your mind and sometimes it's from your heart" Mikasa remained silent. She doesn't t know what to say.

She looked at Annie in the eyes. Should she just remains silent or said something about that confession? She could try to save their relationship?

Dang it, she could've ruin their friendship. Why was she being so stupid? She should've let Annie drink, not herself.

"Mikasa? You don't remember anything about last night?" Mikasa shook her head slowly. Annie nodded. Strange.

Normally, people will remember what happened after they get drunk after they woke up. Guess Mikasa only remembered that she drank too much.

"Let me get this straight to the point" Annie began. Mikasa bit her lips nervously. "Please don't say you want to ruin this friendship because of my confession.." Mikasa whispered to herself lowly.

"I love you too"