Chapter 6

Author's POV:

"Hey, Mikasa. Where's Armin? He usually came here first to eat breakfast with us?"
Eren asked as he went down to the kitchen from upstairs. Mikasa sighed and shook her head.
"He texted me earlier, saying he can't make it for breakfast because Annie asked him to eat breakfast at a cafe"
Mikasa explained and Eren just nodded slowly. Both of them knew what the others were feeling that time but no one says about it.
"He also apologies about it"
Mikasa continued as she put the waffles on the dining table.

"Gosh, I thought they were joking"
Eren said as he sat down and grabbed a plate and moved it until it settled in front of him.
"What makes you think that it was a joke?"
Mikasa asked as she went to the fridge and grabbed a packet of strawberries and blueberries and whipped cream.
"I don't know but, my mind kept saying it was a joke"
Eren explained as he looked at the waffles in front of him get decorated with whipped cream and a few strawberries and blueberries.

"I won't say "Just move on, it's easy" because I knew damn well how you're feeling right now"
Mikasa said and Eren chuckled. Mikasa smiled and continued what she was doing but on her waffles.
"I'm glad that you understand how I'm feeling right now"
Eren said with a smile. Mikasa smiled back at her adoptive brother.
"You fell in love with him when we were nine, and I fell in love with her when we were thirteen. And now we are fifteen, and you expect me to not know how you're feeling?"
Mikasa asked dramatically as she took a bite of the strawberries. Eren laughed and ate the waffles Mikasa made for both of them.

•••

"Oi! Mikasa!"
Sasha shouted when she saw Mikasa walking alone to her next class.
"Oh, Sasha. What's up?"
Mikasa greeted her with a smile.
"Where's Annie? Aren't you usually with her? What's up now?"
Sasha asked as she chew on her chewing gum.

"I don't know, she apologies to me earlier because she said she can't walk with me to my next class"
Mikasa explained. It's true though. Annie went up to her and apologies because she can't walk her to her next class.
"You saw her status, don't you?"
Sasha asked slowly. Mikasa chuckled and nodded her head. Sasha sighed and offered Mikasa her chewing gum. Mikasa took it and chew it.
"It's fine, Mikasa. I can walk you to your next class!"
Sasha said happily. Mikasa felt her heart fluttered at Sasha's words.
Goddamn butterflies.
Mikasa thought to herself.

"What's your next class anyways?"
Sasha asked.
"History"
Mikasa answered shortly.
"Luckily, we're in the same class"
Sasha said and both of them giggled. Maybe she'll be fine without Annie for today. She probably will miss her soon.

•••

"I can't believe that you didn't sleep when Mr.Smith talked about Paradis and Marley's first war"
Sasha said as she looked up at Bertholdt. Bertholdt just laughed sheepishly. They found Bertholdt sitting alone in History class earlier and they greeted him by sitting in front of him.
"How can you not fall asleep?"
Sasha asked and Bertholdt just rub the back of his neck sheepishly.
"I-i don't know, Sasha. Maybe because Paradis and Marley's first war is interesting for me since it's included t-titan that Mrs.Zoe had teached us in Science class?"
Bertholdt explained nervously.

"But it still doesn't explain why you didn't fall asleep"
Sasha said again causing Bertholdt and Mikasa to laugh.
"Maybe because he likes History?"
Mikasa stated, more like asking and Bertholdt nodded his head.
"I bet Reiner can pass History exam because he got a boyfriend who likes History"
Sasha said causing Mikasa to laugh and Bertholdt to blush.

"H-how did you know that me and Reiner is d-dating?"
Bertholdt asked. Bertholdt's question made Sasha laughed uncontrollably.
"Of course Annie told me. She even told Jean and Connie"
Sasha answered and continued laughing. Mikasa chuckled when she saw a red blush dusted Bertholdt's cheeks.
"Bertholdt, you're not safe"
Mikasa said with a laugh.

"I bet Connie and Jean already tell the whole school about this"
Mikasa added causing Bertholdt to turned even more red than before. Sasha continued to tease Bertholdt while Mikasa just laugh. Mikasa looked at her front and saw Annie walking and laughing with Armin by her side. Her laughter slowly fading as she looked down on their hands.
It is true that both of them is dating...
"Oi, Mikasa!"
Sasha tapped Mikasa's shoulder causing Mikasa to came back to reality.
"I-i'm sorry, what?"

"You've been spacing out, Mikasa. What's up?"
Bertholdt asked. Mikasa just shake her head.
"Let's go to my locker first, then Bertholdt's and then Mikasa's locker. And then, we go to the cafeteria! Let's go!"
Sasha said as she put her books on Mikasa's books and pulled Mikasa's other hand and Bertholdt's hand to her locker. Her action made Mikasa stomach twirled again.
These butterflies wouldn't calm the fuck down.
Mikasa thought to herself as she and Bertholdt followed Sasha to her locker.