Chapter 9

Author's POV:

"Bye Sash! Connie! See ya tomorrow!"
Eren shouted and waved at them as he and Mikasa made their way to their car. Mikasa waved at them too and they waved back, making their way to their car.
"That was fun. Running around like a children"
Mikasa nodded.

Today was fun. But the sadness do overtakes her when they were eating their food. The sight of Armin and Annie having a little picnic date made her heart shuttered.

"Yeah, it was fun"
Mikasa said lowly. Of course Armin and Annie were having a date, only the two of them were there!
"Mikasa, are you okay? You've been zoning out. Even when we were eating"
Eren absentmindedly asked as he get inside their car and started the engine. Mikasa get inside on the passenger seat and wears her seatbelt.

"Just thinking, that's all"
Mikasa answered as she opened her phone. Eren looked at her and raised an eyebrow. Mikasa opened her text and saw Annie sent her a few selfies of her and Armin eating.

Lionhart🦁: Thanks for your advice, Mikasa. I finally got my dream boy.

Mikasa bit her lower lips and closed her phone, putting her phone back in her handbag. She will respond to her in time she got back home.
"Did Annie texted you something?"
Mikasa nodded and hide half of her face in her scarf. She always did that when she's embarrassed or sad.

"Armin did the same thing. Sending me selfies of him and Annie, saying thanks to me because I'm the reason he got his dream girl"
Mikasa looked at her adoptive brother. Armin did the same to him?
"He looked so happy in those selfies he took"

"Are you happy, though?"
Mikasa's question made Eren shocked. But he still managed to drive properly, though. They once got into an accident because Mikasa made Eren shocked by saying Jean has a crush on Armin. Their car fell into a drain.

"Not really but, he's my friend. I need to be happy for him"
Eren answered as he continued to focus on the road. Mikasa hummed.
"We're moving on, right?"

"I don't know, Mikasa. I feel like, maybe we should give them second chance?"
Mikasa frowned at Eren's responds.
"Second...chance? You know we're not in a relationship with them, right?"
Mikasa asked and Eren sighed.

"I know, Mikasa. But maybe they'll broke up under a circumstances and maybe that is our chance?"
Eren wasn't sure about his phrasing the second the words came out. Did he really said that? Didn't he already promised Mikasa to move on?

"You can't move on, right?"
Eren sighed slowly and nodded. How can he easily move on from that cute little blonde boy?! Mikasa is insane if she thought he can move on just like that!

"What if, we waited for them more than just a year and they still didn't break up? Are we still going to wait for them?"
Mikasa asked. Eren remained silent as he thinks for the answer.
"I don't want to move on too, Eren. But maybe that's the best choice?"
Eren still remained silent as Mikasa glanced over at him. It's difficult.

"How about we give it a try? We wait for them?"
Mikasa knows that Eren doesn't want to move on. He loves Armin too much. He have been talking about him everyday when they were little.

Hell, he even had told his mom and dad about Armin. Only Mikasa knows that his parents know that he has a crush on Armin.
"Maybe it's worth it?"
Eren smiled at Mikasa's answer. Mikasa smiled a little and continued to hide half of her face in her scarf.

"Actually, when we were at school, Bertholdt had asked me about my feelings towards Annie"
Eren raised an eyebrow at her.
"He asked me if I have feelings for Annie or not"
Mikasa continued. Eren nodded slowly.

"He said I gave him a vibe that I like Annie. Obviously I told him what actually happened between us"
Eren took a few glances at Mikasa who still hides her face in her scarf.
"I already told you. Remember when I told you what happened after the movie we went? Yeah, that time"
Eren made the 'realization face' when he realized, he nodded his head.

"I changed the topic after"
Mikasa sighed. She was madly in love with someone's girlfriend!
"You don't have homeworks, right? If no, we can stop at Starbucks and relax"
Eren suggested. Mikasa shook her head and Eren smiled.

"Great! Starbucks, here we come!"
Eren shouted as he continued driving. Mikasa giggled and Eren laughed. Maybe she should stop thinking about Annie for now, she needs to relax after all.