fifty-four

"Sunghoon! Wake up! Wake up!" Daeun jumped around and tried to pull him off the bed. He groaned tiredly and motioned for her to go away. She sighed and kissed his lips. He wanted more but she pulled away instantly, "You'll get some more if you get up. You have to watch the sunrise with me."

"I'm too tired. I need some sleep."

"It won't be fun watching it alone. I want to take lots of pictures."

"I'm sure the sun will be happy if you watch it alone. Bye, honey."

She gave up and went out of the bedroom, slamming the door close. She put on a cardigan and walked out of the room, seeing other guests coming out of their rooms to watch the sunrise too. She smiled at a few of them before looking at the sky.

"Are you here with your husband, Miss?" One of the guests asked. She scoffed before answering, "No, I came alone."

"But this is the honeymoon suite section."

"So what? A girl can't book a room for herself? I just love the room atmosphere. Why should I come here with a husband when I could enjoy my own company?"

The guest was taken aback by the answer and watched as she walked away from them. Daeun held her phone up high to capture the perfect picture of the sun.

"Travelling alone, huh?"

She wasn't bothered to turn around since she knew who the owner's voice was. Sunghoon folded his arms as he stood next to her, "No husband, huh?"

"No, he doesn't love me anymore. So we got a divorce," she joked and continued taking pictures. "Well, Mrs Park, I think you deserve a punishment. No kisses for the day."

"What? No! Okay, I'm sorry," she whined and tried to hug him. He pushed her away gently before smirking mischievously. She ran after him and stole a kiss on the corner of his lips. He widened his eyes in shock, "Yah! It's a punishment! You can't kiss me!"

"I just did!" She ran ahead of him towards their hotel room.

Daeun glared at Sunghoon who was walking ahead of her. They both decided to explore the hotel and walked around silently. She sighed and ran after him, "Yah."

He still minded his own business and looked everywhere but her. She stood in front of him, "Sunghoon, I'm sorry okay?"

He continued walking ahead of her and smirked mischievously as he buried his hands into the pockets of his pants. She immediately hugged him from behind and buried her face into his back. He was taken aback by the sudden hug and touched her arms that were wrapped around his waist.

"You're scaring me," she said in her soft voice. He sighed and turned around before hugging her back, resting his chin on his head. "I'm sorry, honey. I just love teasing you."

"You shouldn't do that!" She punched his stomach and walked ahead. He scoffed and chased after her. They both ran around the hotel, earning confused looks from the other guests.

The sky turned into a purple-orange colour as the sun was setting down. Daeun silently read her book on the bed, too careless to see what her husband was doing. Sunghoon walked in and out of the bedroom continuously, making her annoyed and curious. She closed her book and got off the bed, seeing him walk to the outdoor bathtub.

He carefully decorated the bathtub with rose petals and even lit a few scented candles. She leaned against the wall and watched him attentively. He noticed her and smiled before holding her hand. He slowly led her to the tub and kissed her cheek, "We're going to have a bath together. From what I read on the internet, it helps to strengthen our bond."

She was amazed at how he was doing research for their honeymoon. He silently took off his clothes and got into the warm water. She felt her heart could burst out of her chest at any moment. She turned around and breathed in and out heavily.

"Since I missed the sunrise with you this morning, I'll watch the sunset with you," he said and flashed his infamous smile. Daeun chuckled and slowly got into the tub, holding his hand. He held her close to him, making her back rest against his chest.

"I hope today never ends," she muttered and closed her eyes. He kept his eyes fixed on the sunset and they both kept quiet, enjoying the peaceful time together.