two

Daeun tightened her grip around the steering wheel of her new car. Her father had bought her a sports car to congratulate her on entering the Park Medical School. She took a deep breath and stepped on the pedal, "I'm going to beat Bina's ass!"

She laughed loudly, silencing the music that was played on the radio. She parked her car in the parking lot and held her documents. She looked around the place from the window and scoffed at the sight of Bina's SUV parked near the entrance.

She watched nervously as the director was reading her documents. "So you graduated with a business major. And you want to study neurosurgery? Don't you think it's a bit of a burden? You can already work or even start a business of your own. Why study again?"

Personal reasons.

"Director Kang, I suddenly took an interest in becoming a neurosurgeon. Being a businesswoman wasn't the first thing I was going for. I used to be hesitant when I think about being a surgeon. But now I'm sure that's the career path I want."

The director nodded and smiled, "Well then. That was well said. I understand. You may start attending your class today," she said before giving the president's daughter a paper with the timetable printed on it.

Her first class was with a female professor. She exhaled heavily and kept examining the timetable until her eyes stopped at 'Dr Park Sunghoon'. Her eyebrows furrowed, I've heard that name somewhere. It sounds so familiar.

"Is there something wrong?" Director Kang asked. Daeun chuckled and stood up before bowing, "No, Director Kang. I'll excuse myself first."

She left the office and flinched in surprise when Bina spoke, "I can't believe you're here."

Daeun rolled her eyes at her cousin before walking ahead of her. Bina snatched the timetable and scoffed, "I can't believe you're going to be in the same class as me most of the time!"

"Thank God I won't be in the same class as you in the first period. I can't stand seeing you. You're polluting my eyes," Daeun spat back, earning an offended scoff from her cousin.

"Yah," Bina walked next to her, "Don't you dare flirt with Dr Park Sunghoon."

Daeun laughed, "Is he the doctor that you've been talking about? Your 'destined crush'?"

"Hey! Don't mock me. I'm telling you to stay away from him. Don't look at him, don't talk to him, don't impress him. Just don't do anything!"

She watched as Bina left her alone in the hallway.

Crazy bitch.

The first class ended. Daeun left the room immediately, trying to get some air from the not-so-crowded classroom. Who knew studying neurosurgery could be so damn hard?

A sudden thought crossed her mind. She remembered that she had to send a few papers to Dr Park Sunghoon's office. It's that doctor that Bina has a crush on, is it?

She took her time as she went to the said doctor's office. She saw his name engraved on the door and sighed before knocking on it. "Professor Park?"

No response.

She opened the door and saw that the office was empty. She released a heavy exhale before approaching the desk and seeing a coffee cup next to a few documents.

She looked around, noticing that there were many photos of him when he was little. He stood happily between his parents. She grinned to herself and put her papers on the desk.

She was about to turn when her elbow accidentally bumped into the cup. The cup fell and the coffee spilt all over the important documents.

"Shit!" She cursed to herself.

He's going to kill me! My papers! His documents!

She didn't know what to do and instantly ran out of the office. She stopped to take a deep breath and realised she was standing at the Hallway of Fame. She saw all the students' and professors' pictures being hung against the wall.

Below their frames were their achievements and exam scores. She finally found the name Park Sunghoon and gasped in shock to see a familiar guy.

That's the guy that I danced with during the party in America!

The guy that talked to me on the rooftop when I was admitted into the Park Specialist Hospital!

Shit! Shit! Shit!

"Who the hell spilt coffee on my documents?!" An angry voice yelled behind her.

She turned around to glance at the person and saw Sunghoon looking around with the damped documents crumpled in his hands. He glanced at her, making her instantly look away.

He narrowed his eyes, "You!"

Shit!

Her legs started sprinting away from the hallway. She apologised to the people around her that she bumped into.

"Sorry!" She screamed and glanced behind her, seeing the said doctor still chasing after her. She faced back in front of her and bumped into the chest of a professor.

"Watch where you're going! You're not allowed to run in the hallway!" The male professor angrily said.

She glanced at his nametag and saw Sim Jake engraved on it. She bowed and continued running, "Sorry, Dr Sim."

Sunghoon tiredly breathed and held his friend's shoulder for support. "Why are you chasing after that girl?" Jake asked.

"She spilt coffee all over my documents. I have to submit these to Daera by today!"

Daeun took out her car keys and sprinted out of the building. She reached her car and quickly turned on the engine. Sunghoon reached the entrance and his muffled voice screamed, "Stop!"

She stepped on the pedal and drove away from the school, leaving him behind.