twenty-four

Daeun touched her cheek and stared at herself in the mirror. Another day arrived as usual. She recalled the moment Sunghoon pulled her into his arms. His strong arms made her melt. She couldn't help but chuckle.

She got out of her house and saw him also walking out of his house. He noticed her and smiled, "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "Let's go. We'll be late."

He frowned and sighed, "I can't send you to school today. I have a three-day programme with the interns at the hospital. I might not see you for a few days. Sorry."

She forced out a smile, "I understand. You don't have to apologize. It's your work."

They both walked together to the lift and got in. He cleared his throat and pulled her into a kiss. Her eyes widened at the sudden kiss he initiated.

"Kiss of the day," he looked away.

Daeun walked to Jay's lecture hall. She sighed in relief when Jay wasn't there. All the students were getting ready as they took out their books and laptops. She walked toward her usual seat and saw sticky notes pasted on it.

Ahn Daeun failed her exams.

Ahn Daeun is a pathetic whore.

Ahn Daeun sleeps with all of the professors.

She picked the sticky notes off the table and glanced at Bina. Her cousin was laughing with her other friends before glancing back at her. Daeun felt her patience running thin and stormed toward her cousin.

"Do you have to tell everyone that I failed my exams?"

Bina shrugged, "Yes, I do. It's like the biggest victory for me. Why shouldn't I?"

Daeun clenched her fists and immediately grabbed a fistful of Bina's hair from the back. She then slammed Bina's face onto her desk.

Bina screamed in pain and blood started trickling out of her nose. Her friends pushed Daeun away, "What the fuck?!"

"The next time you want to mess with me, know your consequences. Bitch!" Daeun said.

Doyun realised what was happening and sprinted toward them from his seat. He held both of Daeun's arms and muttered, "Daeun, that's enough."

"Get off me!" She pushed him away and punched him in the face. She looked around, seeing all the students' attention was on her. She scoffed and flipped her hair to the side before leaving the lecture hall.

Sunghoon put on his doctor's coat and drank his coffee. He examined some papers on the desk and flinched when the door to his office was slammed open. He turned around and saw Heeseung entering.

"Do you know what happened today at the medical school?"

"What?" He asked, feeling curious and confused. Heeseung handed him his phone and Sunghoon widened his eyes at the video of Daeun slamming Bina's face onto her desk.

"It appears that Bina pasted offensive sticky notes as a joke on Daeun's desk. It made her angry and she slammed her cousin's face onto the desk," Heeseung explained.

"And the students who recorded this video posted it on social media?"

What surprised him more was how Doyun got punched for trying to stop Daeun. Sunghoon let out a small laugh before clearing his throat awkwardly.

"I need to go there to see her," he stood up and opened the door.

"You can't, Sunghoon. We have work."

"But Daeun is–"

"So what? She's not your real girlfriend. Why are you worried about her?"

Sunghoon sighed, "You're right," he muttered before leaving the office.

Heeseung watched him leave and smirked, "You're not going to admit that you love her? Fine. I'll make you suffer until you admit your feelings."

If I have to be mean then so be it.

Sunghoon, you have to tell her that you love her. You've been searching for her for months.