6. Night shifts and their perks

Soon after some weeks, you got the hang of working with these chaotic countries, most were friendly and welcoming, so you didn't mind. Yet, there are still a few countries you haven't got the chance to befriend, there were also some you haven't even met yet, but you will eventually, at least that's what UN claimed. There was also another problem with your and EU's relationship, unfortunately, despite your attempts of trying to be on good terms with EU, he still seemed to hate your guts, he sure holds grudges for long...

After another exhausting day at work, you finally got home and threw yourself on the comfy bed, thinking about your old world. "I miss my family... and my old neighborhood, everyone was so friendly to me... I don't miss my old job as much tho- It feels great to be far, far away from my old boss, he sucks." While thinking about what you were missing back home and what you were not, your phone rang. Groaning, you picked up your phone and stared at the number "A stranger? Huh, weird." With a bit of hesitation, you answered the call.

"Hello! Belarus here! You're Y/N right?!" A female voice shouted enthusiastically, you sighed subtly before answering her. 

"Yes I am, is there anything I could do for you, Lady Belarus?" To your surprise, the female was giggling, a lot. She then answered your question in a teasing tone. 

"Oh?~ Did you forget about your date with my brother? That's not very nice you know, he's dying to get to know you~" 

You mentally slapped yourself, had you not made it obvious enough that you're not up for a date with one of the countryhumans, but ehhh... you're going anyways, for the sake of good impressions.

"Uhhh, but you haven't told me any details yet-" Before you could even question Belarus, a male voice was quick to interrupt, you believe it was the female's twin, from what you remember of the siblings' voices. 

"WHAT?! YOU WOULD FOLLOW ALONG WITH THIS STUPID SCHEME OF HERS- Ahem, sorry for shouting, but seriously, if you had refused, I would be able to persuade her out of it you know?" You mentally slapped yourself again, thinking 'I believe I sounded as if I wanted to have a date with their older brother, ugh...' 

Noticing your sudden silence, the wingman- I mean the wingwoman, asked you again, still with that oh-so-famous teasing demeanor of hers. 

"You're so quiet, Y/N~ Hm... perhaps, you would rather go on a date with my twin here?~ If so, I don't really mind, he also needs a girlfriend himself ~" 

Oh well, guess what, you're too tired for this, you muttered a quick 'bye' and proceed to hang up on Belarus, not before texting an excuse to her, of course. Lying on the soft bed, you checked your texts to recall what UN had texted you earlier in the day...

----UN----

<L/N, I'm sure you've known this already, but just to make sure, tonight is your first night shift for the month.

Wait it's tonight?!>

I mean, thank you, Sir UN, for informing me.>

<You're welcome, L/N. Looking forward to seeing you at work tonight.

----*----

Ahh yes, that's right, you were going to have your first night shift today.

...

...

...

Why did they need to have night shifts anyway??? Eh, whatever, you're finding out soon after all. 'Now is not the time to think of such minor matters' you yawned while collecting your thoughts, before allowing yourself to fall asleep for a bit.

.

.

At 10:30 sharp, you woke up because of the annoying alarm you've set and prepared for the upcoming night shift, and cursing UN for making you work night shifts while on your way to work too, obviously.

On your way to the skyscraper, you almost crashed your car several times, guess you're really sleepy. But, after a terrible trip, you've arrived, finally.

"Hm~ What do we have here?~" A warm, soft voice whispered to your right ear the very moment you stepped out of your car, which made you blush a little. Taking a quick step forward, you turned to face the culprit, and surprise surprise, he was another countryhuman, but there's something about him that seems... off.

"Hahaha, you look so funny you know! But anyway... sorry if that startled you, I'm not used to seeing anyone new during night shifts, really! I'm Romania, if you haven't known that yet." You gave him a nod, before turning pale at his final remark, 'Romania was always portrayed as a vampire in fanfics, that, and the fact he doesn't work the morning or evening shifts and he's well aware of who works night shifts, could he be...' You tried your best to remain calm, but it's pretty hard not to panic right then and there, he could just suck your blood and no one would notice, no one would dare to question him, either. But as he eyed you curiously, you gathered your courage and questioned him "B-By any chance... are you a vampire...?"

The male was taken aback by the sudden question, but his expression was soon replaced with a smirk, as he took more and more steps towards you, he whispered "So you know, hm? What a smart human you are~ It'd be such a shame if you were to be harmed... Sadly, I'm starved to death right now, so would you mind sharing your blood?~" Okay this was never supposed to happen, you were sweating, was this finally the end for you? Frightened, you closed your eyes as you waited for something dreadful to happen.

"Pfft- You should've seen your face! Oh gosh, that was hilarious!" Opening your eyes, you saw the European country grinning uncontrollably, revealing his sharp fangs. You'd be lying if you said you weren't intimidated by them. But, if you put the fact that he's a vampire aside, he still scared you twice, and you weren't happy. Frowning, you watched as he calm down and returned his attention to you again. "H-Hey! What's with that frown? You're still mad? ...Sorry. A-And to clear things up, I may be a vampire, but I won't drink anyone's blood! At least, not for now..."

Sighing, you reassured the vampire that looked extremely guilty that his apology was accepted before asking more about night shifts. And because he felt guilty for trolling you, he gladly answered.

"Hm... Night shifts are pretty much the same as morning and evening shifts, there are just fewer countries and almost no humans! It's mostly for countries that can't work in the morning, though. And also! We don't stay in this building all the time you know! We still have to get back to our countries, so it's for easier communication with other countries as well, I think? Since time zones exist and all..." Romania's voice faded away as soon as you two entered the building. He quickly bid his goodbyes to you as he went and look for UN. You were left alone with your thoughts, again.

"Well, I guess night shifts here are quite alright... Fewer people means less chaos, and less chaos means fewer noises... Not to mention the fact I got a morning shift off for tomorrow. Yeah... it's not too bad. Plus, Romania seems likable, and it's not like I can meet him during the day... Hm, I guess night shifts do have their perks..."

♡ ~ —————•✧•————— ~ ♡

A/n: OMG I'm sooo sorry for the late update!!! I was so unmotivated that I couldn't bring myself to write anything. I'll try my best to make it up to you guys!! Please tell me what I could do to make up for the late chapter, I'll try my best to do it!

♡ ~ —•✧•— ~ ♡

Information and Quests

Love Interests unlocked: 14

Quest point: 0

Next quest milestone: 10 points

Routes unlocked: 0