30

Patrick is currently in his bedroom.

He's still staring at Cyril's left shoe.

Elijah suddenly enters Patrick's room.

"Bro..."

He could see that Patrick was holding the shoe.

"You're still holding that."

"I can't help it. I just can't stop thinking about him."

Elijah sat on Patrick's bed and move next to him to continue their conversation.

"Why don't you try to find him?"

"You think I haven't thought of that?"

Patrick was still frustrated.

"Mom won't allow me to use the car. Also, I don't even know much about where he came from. Work, home address, nothing."

"You weren't able to ask?"

"Well to be fair, he didn't want to mention where he worked either. I didn't want to pry. My mistake though, I didn't ask him enough questions. And I definitely don't want to track down his number or his house. That's both creepy and a violation of his privacy. So... I don't know what to do."

Patrick becomes silent for a moment.

"I just... Want to see him one last time before my parents wed me off to Valerie. The wedding might be as early as tomorrow."

Elijah's eyes widened suddenly.

"That early?"

"Ridiculous right? Don't worry, they'll deliver your tux within the day itself if it's tomorrow. But anyways, going back, at least, before I get married, I can at least say goodbye to him."

Elijah will think for a moment.

"What if I look for him?"

Patrick wondered if he would really do it.

"Are you serious?"

"I mean, your mom didn't confiscate my car. Besides, you want to see him again, right? It's the least I could do for my best friend."

Patrick taps Elijah on the shoulder.

"Thanks bro."

They hug each other first before Elijah leaves.

"Alright, I'll go ahead, I'll also look for the entire day. He's probably not that far."

"Okay, stay safe."

Elijah stands up.

"Umm, Eli wait."

"What is it?"

"Make sure you're subtle. I don't want Cyril to know that you're looking for him."

"Okay. If you say so."

 With that, Elijah finally leaves the room.

Patrick stared at Cyril's shoe again.

He picks up his guitar and began singing a song about his feelings for Cyril.