13

Last day for preparation, Day 5.

The preparations will soon be over.

Since the party will be held tonight, the three met early in the morning, along with the others who are needed to help in doing final-minute preparations for the event.

Apart from sound checking the musical equipment, they only need to take care of final-minute invitations and food.

Patrick and Elijah set up a printer and laptop in the community hall. 

They'll be printing invitations.

"Why are we still printing invitations? Didn't your parents already invite guests?" Elijah wondered.

"Only the rich friends are the ones they invited. I suggested to them if we could give final-minute invitations to our other friends, as well as the employees of different Soledad Elegante branches. Including those who helped us as well in preparing for the ball."

"Of course." Elijah answered in a flirtatious tone.

"Huh?"

"Oh I mean... Well, it's good that they agreed."

"Yup. I mean... That's the least that they could do for those working for them. Also, they wanted more than 200 guests right?"

"A Feast of Love. Dear * insert name * You are invited by the Soledad Family to join in the celebration this Saturday at 7pm. See you there!" As it says on the fine print.

After an hour, they had many printed invitations.

They have also placed the invitations in envelopes.

"How about the food?" Elijah asked.

"The branch of Soledad Elegante near our house will provide the food for the ball." Patrick answered.

"Oh okay."

Patrick sees Cyril, sweeping the leaves.

He thinks about giving him an invitation.

He takes a copy of the invitation, writes his name, and began walking towards him.

He places it inside an envelope, and grabs it, along with Cyril's check, which was his service fee.

"Here. Your check. Also for you."

Patrick hands him the invitation.

"I think you deserve to come tonight."

"Woah!"

Cyril accepts the invitation and looked at it's paper in every corner.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. So you can see me again!"

Cyril blushes.

"Hey! Just because you're  handsome, doesn't mean I actually want to see you again!"

"So you think I'm handsome?"

Cyril looks at Patrick with eyes widened.

"Up to you!"

Patrick just laughed.

Cyril tears the envelope.

He then proceeds to unfold the paper inside.

He then begins reading what is written on the paper.

"A Feast of Love. Dear Cyril, You are invited by the Soledad Family to join in the celebration this Saturday at 7pm. See you there!"

Cyril looks at the front and back of the invitation.

"That's it?"

"Of course, to save paper and ink. Save the trees, right?"

"Touché..."

"But seriously. Please? One more time? I think you deserve to have a break! Also, this is still later tonight. You still have plenty of time to prepare."

Cyril ponders for a moment.

"Alright. But I'll do it only because I don't want your efforts on the invitation wasted for nothing, even if it's obvious that it's only the bare minimum."

Patrick laughed.

"You're so harsh. But okay. I'll wait for you!"

"I'll see. But thank you."

"Okay, see you later?"

"I guess?"

After Patrick gave Cyril's invitation, he also ordered his house helpers to send the invitations to the other guests.