26

"YOU LEFT IT!?"

Topaz shouted.

"Shh !! People are sleeping!"

Cyril whispered to his friend.

Topaz lowers the volume of her voice, but she still can't help but react to the loss of a shoe that she lent to Cyril.

"But how can I keep quiet, when the shoes are included in the shipping?!"

"I know but... Let's just say that things got out of hand. Patrick was chasing me."

"What??"

"I was running away from him, and the shoe suddenly slipped off of my foot. I tried to go back for it but Patrick was getting closer so-"

"But you still need to get that back!"

Topaz said in an insistent way.

"Please Topaz, no! I don't want to see him again. I'll just pay for the shoes."

"Wait a minute... Huh ?! Why don't you want to see him anymore?"

Cyril goes to the window.

His thought is heavy as he prepared to tell Topaz about what happened at the ball earlier.

"I found out something..."

"What's that?"

"I found out that the ball was also an engagement party. That he's about to get married. To the daughter of his godparents."

"Huh? Engagement party? But how did that happen? I thought he was single?"

"I thought so as well. It turns out that he kept it as a secret from me."

"Well... Maybe he has a reason why he did that? If you know what I'm talking about."

Cyril looks at his best friend.

"Topaz... Even if we say that he really likes me, it's still not possible! That's his family. Besides, even if he leaves that Valerie at the altar, it's still not possible for us to be together. Don't your remember? I'm going back to the province. I'm just waiting for my next salary. "

"But, you don't really wanna see him again?"

"At this point, I don't want to be a homewrecker. I also don't want to be the reason for his family's downfall. So if I have to avoid him in order to prevent that, I'll do it. And, if you really need the shoes, I'll just pay for them."

"No."

"Huh? but you said-"

"Don't pay for them anymore. I'll just give you those shoes."

"But what about the custome-"

"I'll just discount him. I'll just tell him that there was a problem with the shoe so it won't be included in the order."

"Are you sure? My goodness, I think I owe you a lot already."

"Hey, don't think about that. Again, you're my best friend. I want you to achieve your dreams. Also..."

Topaz takes the shoe and put it in Cyril's hand.

"I'll just give you this as a gift. So that, even if your night didn't end well tonight, at least you have still have a souvenir. You did have fun at some point, right?"

"If you remove what happened at the end, of course. And I'm really grateful to you. Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Cyril hugs Topaz.

Cyril's phone suddenly rang.

Patrick calls.

"You're gonna answer that?"

Cyril rejects the call and blocks the number.