1

6:00 AM.

The sun is rising.

It's also Monday.

Cyril is preparing Keith and Walter's breakfast.

He is also waiting for his corned beef to be cooked.

He's already wearing his uniform for work while doing his tasks.

"Time to eat!"

He calls his pets.

Keith barked and ran to his bowl.

Walter suddenly jumped on the table and ate the sardines that were ready on his plate.

Cyril's phone alarmed. 

His corned beef is done.

He prepared his plate and utensils and then he will eat.

After a few minutes, he had finished his food.

He then washed the dishes and transferred the remaining corned beef in a tupperware right after. After doing all of that, he'd once again look in the mirror to fix his collar, and then look at the contact card of his family's bakery that is placed inside his wallet.

He hid it in his bag and at the same time, carried it with the corned beef in the tupperware.

"Bye guys!" 

Cyril yelled at his pet dog and cat as he walked out of his rented apartment. 

Cyril is ready to go to work.

But before that, he thinks about going to Topaz's Telas, the Clothing and Fabric shop of his best friend, Topaz.

Cyril enters, the door chime sounds.

Three chandeliers emitting yellow light are what illuminate TOPAZ'S TELAS.

Someone is dancing to the music coming from the speakers; it was Topaz, Cyril's best friend. She is wearing a pink suit and her hair reaches to her waist. 

Topaz sees Cyril and she smiles.

She approaches Cyril.

"Hey there you are! Good morning dear! Have you had breakfast yet?"

Cyril will greet her as well.

"Hi girl! Actually yes. I'm about to leave soon, I just want to give away the remaining corned beef I had for breakfast earlier."

Topaz accepts the tupperware.

"Oh wow! You know, Cyril, you are fully blessed with goodness in your heart!"

Cyril feels like he knows where the conversation is going.

"And of course, I do believe that when you are a good person, you also deserve to be happy!"

Cyril would look at Topaz as if he was wondering.

"What do you mean?"

Topaz will answer him.

"Because I'm going out tonight, to date some boys! Do you want to come? You never know, you might actually find the right guy. This could be your lucky night!"

Cyril wonders if his friend was really serious.

"Hey Topaz, you know that's not what I'm really concerned about at the moment, right? I mean... I'm not against such an opportunity but ... Maybe, God will take care of it if he gives it to me, right? At this point, work is more important to me, along with saving money."

Topaz will give Cyril a different look.

"Well look at you. But then again, suit yourself. It's a shame though, a lot of them are coming later."

"You know, just enjoy them. Maybe I'll join you some other time. You know it's Monday now, don't you? It's just the beginning of the week."

Topaz tried asking him again about the weekend.

"So on Saturday can you?"

"I can't answer that yet. I'll probably just update you."

Cyril replied.

"All right, I need to go. I might be late."

"Yeah! You should leave now, your boss might scold you."

"Yeah, all right, I'll see you later! Byeee!"

When Cyril comes out of the shop, he sees Topaz's older brother, Mario.

He is preparing his taxi.

He gets out of the car.

"Hi Mario!"

"Oh Cyril, leaving already?"

He will answer Mario.

"Yes! Actually I'm now in a hurry!"

"Maybe I can drop you off?"

"No it's okay! I still have somewhere to go once I get out of the subdivision."

"Well Okay."

Cyril leaves Topaz's Telas.

As Cyril walks away from the subdivision, three children run towards him.

They are Aldo, Gloria and Marissa, the three children he befriended in the place where he now lives.

Marissa shouts.

"Cyril!"

Three children chase Cyril.

Aldo greets him.

"Hi Cyril!"

Gloria interjects.

"How are you?"

"Well hey you guys, have you all eaten yet? Also stay safe in going to school! Study hard as well. Don't wander too much okay?"

"Yes Cyril!"

The three children answer at the same time.

They proceeded in saying goodbye altogether and rushed off to school.

There are birds passing by and singing a lovely song.

It looks like Cyril's day will be good today.