21

Long time no see dear readers! I'm so sorry for such a long hiatus but I'm back with another chapter. I hope all of you are well during these troubling times and that my newest chapter may cheer you up~ love you and Stay safe!

Concluding where we left off, Jiang Xia, Wei Wuxian, and Lan Wangji are now safe and out of that cave. Things seem to be going back to normal but how long will they stay that way?

++++

'She's fast asleep. Probably won't wake up for a bit,but she's alright, Shijie.'

'I'm so glad. A'Xia, your big sister has missed you so much. Have a good rest.'

'Let's go check on Wei Wuxian now.'

'Okay."

🌸🌸🌸

Xia awakens to a bright light, making her quickly shield her eyes.

'Ugh, too bright.'

Usually when this happens, she gets up from her bed to close the curtains in her small room. But right now when she raises up from the pillow underneath her head, she notices right off the bat that one, she's in a large room with multiple windows, and two, it's the same one she's been staying in for almost two years in... but not in her own world.

Her eyes widened.
'Wait.... I'm back in Yunmeng....I thought I would be back in my own world .'

She touches her right cheek and feels a bandage on its surface.

'What happened after I went in the water with Wei Wuxuan? I remember we were trying to find the weak spot of the tortoise demon, but then...' A sudden sharp pain in her head makes her lurch forward with her eyes shut tight.

"Ungh,Shit, it feels as if my head is splitting.'

'Well well, the wen brat is finally awake '

'Huh, what was that!?'

After a few seconds of holding her head , the pain finally died down and she opened her eyes again.

"Huh, it stopped...but that voice," she says outlook, a frightened and confused expression etched on her face. "Was that from my mind?"

She shakes her head dismissively.
'Nah, it couldn't have been. Maybe I hit my head on a rock or something.'

Xia turns her body on the bed so that her legs now dangle from the side.

For a moment, she just silently stares out into the clear blue sky, the gentle breeze making her feel a sense of peace.

'I know I wanted to go to my world...but this ....this feels like home now ...and I don't think I can part from it.'

"A'Xia!" A familiar soft voice makes Xia turn her head and her eyes widened.

There in the entrance to the room stood Yanli beaming at her with tears in her big grey eyes.

"Jie jie...." She trails and Yanli doesn't hesitate to run to her side and engulf in a warm embrace.

Xia was silent for a moment, taking in the feeling ,before she too began to sob. Almost like a small child, she wraps her arms around Yanli.

"You're awake....I'm so glad!"

Normally, she would be embarrassed and call herself a cry baby. But right now, being back in Jiang Sect, away from the scheming Wen clan and scary ghost puppets, and with the girl whom she could only think of as a big sister, it felt really nice to let out all of her pent up emotions.