12 pt 2

12 pt 2

After Xia finished packing,she decided to go see Lan Zhan before she left.

She found him in the library as usual, reading from an ancient scroll.

She smiles to herself and yet, she can't help but feel saddened that she wouldn't see him for a while.

‘Wangji is as studious as ever. I wonder if he thinks of me as a friend and not an annoying side character.’

Wangji, who had sensed her presence long before she came in, continued to look down at his scroll. 

Xia bites her lip and slides from behind the plant she had been standing behind and walks slowly over to him.

“U-um, so we’re leaving in a bit. I...I just wanted to say that , it’s been really nice here in Gusu!” she pauses and twiddles her fingers nervously.

The lan male looks up at the girl waiting for her to continue talking .

"I know Wei Wuxian and you haven't seen eye to eye much through this time. ..but he really admires you even if he won't admit it...and I'm sure he's looking forward to seeing you again ...and I will too."

Wangji's expression did not change but his eyes softened a bit more when he heard her words. Although he was annoyed by Wei Wuxian at first, he slowly got used to his childish behavior and found him, dare he say, nice to be around.

As for Xia, he had no idea what to expect of her at first but she proved to be a kind and thoughtful individual, always doing her best to defend Wei Wuxian when others belittle him and scolding him when she knew his pranks went too far. Yet in the end of the day she could be childish and playful as well, and others in the Lan Pavilion found her presence radiant.

Standing up from his small desk, Lan Zhan walks over to Xia standing over her shorter frame.

For a few seconds he doesn't say anything but Xia suddenly feels weight on her head. 

She looks up slowly to see his arm was raised above her head and his hand rests on top of her head. He looks down at her with a soft expression that makes her cheeks turn pink.

"Lan…. Zhan.."

"Stay out of trouble, both of you."

Xia eyes widened for a moment before a smile made its way to her face. Though his words were simple, she knew that behind them, he wished that both she and Wei Wuxian would stay safe.

++++

After saying goodbye to Huaisang ,Jiang Cheng ,and a few others that she had met while in the cloud recesses, she makes her way to the boat where Wei Wuxian waits for her to arrive.

"Lady Xia?" 

She immediately stops when she hears the familiar voice of Lan Xichen.

She bows.

"Second Master Xichen, it's nice to see you again."

He smiles.

"No need to bow, we are friends. Have you said goodbye to Wangji?"

Xia nods with a small smile.

"I did. I'm really going to miss this place."

"We're going to miss you here as well. Wangji may not admit it, but you and Wei Wuxian are his first friends. Before,he spent most of his time alone, studying in the library."

Xia felt warmth within her at the thought of Lan Zhan considering her a friend. She really did grow to care for him much more, meeting him in person and wanting nothing more than for him to have a happy life.

"A'Xia ! It's time to go!"

Xia turns to see Wei Wuxian waving at her from the front of the boat with a goofy smile on his face.

She turns to Xichen with a smile.

"Looks like it's time to go. I'm going to miss you-i mean-um -i-it was nice meeting you!" 

'Way to go Xia! You almost brought out your inner fangirl again!'

To her surprise,Xichen only chuckled softly.

"I'm going to miss you as well. Please take care of yourself,Lady Xia."

Xia looked up into Xichen's golden eyes which were full of sincerity and felt her cheeks turn pink. 

 As the boat began to move Xia looked back at the dock where Xichen stood with a few of the Lan disciples. She waved at them with a big smile on her face but inside she was sad because she'd miss them a lot. Who knew when they'd actually see each other again.

Beside her,Wei Wuxian sees her sad eyes and decides to lighten the mood. He puts his hands behind his head and sighs happily.

"Don't worry ,we'll be back again. Lan Zhan would miss us too much if we didn't."

She looks at him with wide eyes before smiling.