12

A few days later Lan Qiren had the young disciples go into the room where all the ancient Lan scrolls and art were kept.

Xia stood beside Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng as Qiren to the story of Lan An, who while traveling around to observe different art and culture, met his cultivation partner and later established the Lan Clan.

"After his wife died, he came back to the temple and died there. These four pictures depict the life of Lan An ,founder of the Lan Clan. Him as a-"

Wei Wuxian suddenly turned around with a smile on his face.

"Oh!So Lan An's ancestor was a monk?No wonder they have so many rules.The descendents are so unromantic "

Xia sighed dreamily.

"Lan An sounded romantic though. I hope i marry a guy like him."

Wei Wuxian hears her and smirks.

"I wasn't really thinking about marriage but you're definitely an exception A'Xia."

Xias cheeks turn pink.

"A-A'Xian you flirt!"

She moves away leaving him a giggling mess as she goes to look at a painting of Lan An.

'Ugh, sometimes Wei Wuxian is just like the boys back in my world-but like, he's hot and much better still. Jokes on him ,he's gonna be marrying into the Lan family so hahaha.'

A few feet away from her Xia overhears two Jin clan disciples talking .

"Lan An looks like an angel from heaven. I wonder how exceptional "The One" really was."

"We're not short of beautiful and refined ladies now ,are we? Zixuan who do you think looks the best?"

Xia side glanced and almost jumped when she noticed that Jin Zixuan was standing right beside her.

'Holy crap, was he always right here? He's so quiet. I kinda wanna hear his answer though.'

Zixuan doesn't answer the disciple but his eyes suddenly travel to Xia's shorter form. His eyes widen when their eyes meet for a few seconds before he averts his gaze and walks away.

Xia blinks.

'What was that? Did I look creepy just staring? ..."

She sighs and then she overhears the Jin disciples whispering again.

"Do you even need to ask?He's engaged. He would have to pick his fiance. He is. Who is this lady? She must be extraordinary."

Xia clenches her fists, remembering this part all too well.

'Ah shit ,here we go again.'

An annoyed Zixuan hits his hand on a door, annoyed by the gossip of his clansmen.

"Drop it."

"What do you mean?" Wei Wuxian suddenly says, having overheard the conversation and was offended by the Jin heir's attitude.

"Are you not happy with your engagement to Yanli?"

"Ah ,So it's that plain Jane Jiang Yanli . No wonder Zixuan-"

Xia glares daggers at the two disciples.

"Keep my sworn sister's name out of your mouths before I shove my plain shoe up your ass."

The two backed up in disbelief.

Zixuan turned to Wei Wuxian with an unamused look.

"Is there anything about her that can make me happy?"

"Y-you-" Jiang Cheng starts as Wei Wuxian walks closer to the male with clenched fists.

Zixuan stands his ground with the same glare.

"What? Am I wrong? If you like her so much ,why don't you talk to her father? If you want her i don't think he'd object," His eyes travel to Xia who's looking at him with disbelief, "Do me a favor and take Yanli so I can marry the girl more suitable for me."

The look in his eyes automatically tells Wei Wuxian who exactly this" suitable girl" is and it makes his blood boil even more.

Without warning, he grabs the front of Zi Xuan's clothes before raising his fists and socking the male right on his cheek, causing a fight to break out.

Xia immediately goes to pull him back, though she's silently cheering for Wei Wuxian and happy that he was trying to defend Yanlis honor.

🌸🌸🌸

Later that day Xia and Jiang Cheng walk over to Wei Wuxian who is stirring in the middle of the courtyard covered in dirt.

He looks confused as to why Lan Wangji scoffed and walked away when he greeted him.

"What's wrong? Who upset him this time?"

Jiang Cheng sends him an unamused look.

"Who else could it be? I don't think he ever wants to see you again."

Xia looks at Wei Wuxian with concern.

"Are you okay? I mean you did throw the most punches but still..."

Wei Wuxian smiles teasingly.

"Awe is someone worried about me?"

Xia snorts and pretends she didn't hear him , so Wei Wuxian changes the subject with a smug look.

"Oh right , where is that idiot Jin Zixuan?I heard he's very proud of his looks.He must be appalled when he looks in the mirror."

Xia doesn't bother to answer him as he finally notices Jiang Fengmian talking to Lan Qiren nearby.

He looks up.

"If Uncle Jiang is here , is Yanli also here?"

Jiang Cheng gives him a look.

"Why would she be here? To watch you make a scene?"

Wei Wuxian only scoffs as Jiang Cheng's tone becomes more serious and caring.

"Next time ,don't be so impulsive."

Finished talking with Qiren, Jiang Fengmian comes over to the 3 teens.

"A'xian. Come on, let's go home."

Xia side glances at Jiang Cheng who has a look mixed with jealousy and sadness making her heart hurt.

'Poor Jiang Cheng..'