18

(A/N Hey guys! Omg wow, this book has made it to 40K reads! I never thought I'd make it this far, but reading you guys' comments really motivate me to continue on <3 So thank you very very much! Have a great day and enjoy chapter 18~

(Short but important chapter!!)

Wei Wuxian looks at Xia and Lan Zhan with tired eyes, but he feels an overall sense of relief that they're both safe. After he saved Lan Zhan, he immediately went over to check on Xia, only to find her lying unconscious where he had left her.

His stomach churned and he was dreading the worse, but fortunately, she was still breathing.

He placed her beside Lan Zhan and it was almost as if Lan Zhan had forgotten about his own injury to make sure she was okay.

'He really cares for her too.'

Suddenly, Wangji began to shiver and he wrapped an arm around his body. Wei Wuxian and Xia can tell he's trying his best to be strong but the pain is almost unbearable.

Wei Wuxian suddenly reaches for his headband.

"Hey, there's not enough cloth. Lend me your headband."

Just as he tries to grasp it.

Lan Zhan, wide-eyed, gasps and covers his head with his hand defensively.

"Wei Ying, what are you going to do?"

Wei Wuxian grabs it and the two have a mini tug of war for it.

Wei Wuxian looks at him with disbelief.

"Hey, look at you. No matter how important it is it's not as important as your leg.Give it to me!"

Lan Zhan keeps a hold of it.

"Wei Ying..." is the only thing he says with a pained expression before coughing up blood.

Wei Wuxian smiles at him.

"Good, you spit out the congestion."

"To be honest I understand your clan is concerned with appearances. I just didn't think simply pulling it would make you so angry."

Lan Zhan hits the ponytailed mark with a look of annoyance before going back to fixing his band.

"Lan Zhan, how can you be like this? We all went through life and death together. Yet you hit me after I pulled your headband. Is the headband that valuable?"

"Thank you." Lan Zhan softly replies, making Wei Wuxians eyes widen in disbelief as he turns towards the Lan male.

Lan Zhan looks up with a sincere expression.

"Thank you," he says once more.

A few minutes later, Xia wakes up to the sound of the crackling of a fire and opens her eyes to see Wei Wuxian who seemed to be preoccupied with something.

She squints at him weakly.

"Wei Wuxian..." she says softly.

Wei Wuxian gasps softly and turns to her.

"A'Xia, you're up. How do you feel?"

"I'm okay now. Although my side feels like I got jabbed by something" then it hit her "O-oh yeah, I did get jabbed by something."

She tries to rise up from the wall but Wei Wuxian shakes his head.

"It's best if you don't move for a bit. I had to give half of my undershirt to you and the other half to Lan Zhan."