1.1 We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals

YOUR POV

"I feel like there's something wrong with your calculation" I said peering at Five's shoulder to see his notebook.

"Let the smart one handle this, ok?" He sighed, starting to form his magic making me stare at fascination. "Shut your big, sweet mouth for a sec". As he finished forming his time travel or something, a fire extinguisher came flying almost hitting me if Five hadn't grabbed my arm and moved me.

"I DON'T KNOW, YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA"

"Wife first" Five said gently pushing me. "Be quick on your feet".

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm and started to push our way through. We hit the ground with a grunt feeling like something changed in me. I looked around and saw Five's siblings: A body builder, a goddess-like woman in blue, a douchebag looking guy, someone that is clearly drunk, and a cute lil chihuahua.

"Does anyone else see little number five and a girl, or is that just me?" The drunk sibling asked. I heard a grunt below me and saw little Five holding my waist. We both got up and looked at each other.

"Shit."

---

"What is the date, the exact date?" Five said grabbing breads and fillings wile I was sat near him.

"The 24th" Chihuahua said.

"Of what?"

"March" she answered.

"Good"

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" The bodybuilder said. "It's been 17 years"

"Its longer than that, I tell you" I said chuckling earning a concerned stare from him. Five blinked past him to get something.

"Doesn't miss that" he muttered pertaining to Five's magic. "Where'd you go?"

"The future. It's shit by the way." Five answered still preparing his sandwich.

"Called it!" Drunkard interjected.

"Super shit, worse than Five's diarrhea" I said earning a glare from Five.

"I should've listened to the old man." Five sighed. "You know, jumping through time is a toss of the dice". He looked at Drunkard "Nice dress."

"Oh, well, danke" he said swinging the strings.

"Wait how did you get back?" Goddess said

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Five answered. I rolled my eyes, not understanding a thing he said and rested my head on the table.

"That makes no sense" Douchebag said.

"Well, it would if you were smarter" Five scoffed causing the douchebag to stand in offend about to attack Five if not only for Bodybuilder.

"How long were you there?" Bodybuilder asked

"45 years. Give or take"

"So, what are you saying? That you're 58?"

"No, my consciousness is 58. Apparently, my body is now 13 again."

"Is she also the same?" Drunkard asked

"Yes, but I'm three years younger. You do the math" I answered still laying my head on the table, my voice laced with boredom.

"Wait how does that even work" Chihuahua said.

"You were saying the equations were off. Eh" he said looking at me. "Bet your laughing in that small head of yours huh" he said flicking my head before giving me a sandwich.