6 | distractions and indoor water parks

"And though I cant recall your face,
I still got love for you."
"Seven"
-Taylor Swift

"                                                                      "Seven"                                                                -Taylor Swift

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

There was about a week and a half left before the Met Gala. With all the pressure put on June, she felt like she was going to collapse at any moment.

As much as June loved Mae, she was stressing her out. Mae would constantly ask her, "Are your questions done yet? You have to get them done soon." Or, "You have no idea who you're going to be interviewing, so be prepared." 

This did not help June whatsoever.

She had a decent amount of questions planned, but feared they weren't enough. If all went wrong, she decided she was just going to ask, "Who are you wearing?" Or something along the lines.

June sat in her cubicle with her head down on the desk and her hands covering her head. There was a knock at her cubicle, but she didn't even bother looking up. She assumed it was Charlie or some nosy ass employee here.

"June?" A voice said. She lifted her head off her desk to see Timothée, staring at her with his eyebrows furrowed. "You okay?" He asked, sounding concerned.

June nodded, suddenly two times more awake. "Yeah-yeah, I'm okay." She said, fixing her posture. Timothée looked over to her computer screen and saw a a google doc opened with questions scattered around. "I just—I need a break." She said with a sigh and a small laugh.

Timothée perked up slightly. "I actually came to see you." He said. June looked over at his visitor tag. It said, 'Timothée- visit for Jane.'

"See me?" June asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah," He replied, a smile forming on his face, "see you."

June nodded slowly, completely unsure of how to respond. "Oh, okay-"

Timothée laughed at her response, "I was wondering if you wanted to get coffee with me." He said, dragging out the last 3 words.

June slightly widened her eyes, "Yeah-sure." She said, a smile also forming on her face. She stood up and grabbed her jacket off her chair. Timothée smiled back at her and made room for her to step out of the cubicle.

As they walked towards the elevator, Timothée turned towards June, "Congrats on the job at the Met." He said, his smile larger than before.

June laughed slightly, "Thank you." She said. "You have any reporters in mind you wanna go to?"

"I have one in mind." He said while staring at her side profile. The two waited for the elevator door to open. "You excited?" He asked her.