17 | first days and dates

"stars by the pocketful,
you wanting me tonight, feels impossible"

Snow on the beach
-taylor swift & lana del rey

  Snow on the beach -taylor swift & lana del rey

                              .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

January fourth rolled around way sooner than June would've liked.

June woke up on the morning of her first day at work. She slept over at Timothée's place the night prior just because it was closer to Vogue headquarters.

It was currently 6:08 AM. June finished getting ready at 6:45. She made her way into the kitchen and smiled when she saw a brown paper bag on the counter. The bag read, "For June :)"

She couldn't wipe off the huge smile on her face as she placed her lunch into her bag.

When she finally arrived at her new job, she smiled at the lady working at the desk. June approached the table, "Hi, I'm June—Murklin." She looked way more nervous than she needed to be. Her fingers anxiously tapped the marble surface in front of her.

The elderly woman smiled. She checked something on the computer before saying, "Go upstairs, take the elevator, second door on the left."

June smiled, quietly sighing in relief.  "Thank you!" She called as she was already making her way to the elevator. The receptionist at Lewis Daily made this woman look like an angel.

June muttered a quiet, "fuck," under her breath when she realized she was lost. She was incredibly awful with directions.

June turned around when she heard footsteps. A girl with ear length pin straight blonde hair was walking toward June. She was around 5'2. Her face was pale and she had a stripe of vibrant pink in her hair.

"You lost?" She asked, pointing a finger at June.

June pursed her lips and nodded. "Very."

The girl snorted, "Models are downstairs." She told.

June shook her head, "I'm flattered— but I'm looking for Mr. Hart." She rocked back and forth on her heals.

The blonde widened her eyes, "You don't model?" She asked. June shook her head no. "Well, you should. You're like—what? 5'9?"

"And a half." June shrugged.

The shorter girl laughed. "I'm Callie by the way."

"I'm June."

Callie stuck her hands in her pockets, "Follow me, July." She said as she began leading June down the hallway.