7 | "well aren't you adorable!"

"I don't see what anyone can see—in anyone
    else—
But you. "
                                 "Anyone else but you"
                                             -The Moldy Peaches

 "                                           "Anyone else but you"                                             -The Moldy Peaches

A/N: he looks like saoirse in this tbh

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Timothée and June walked the cold streets of New York to get to Timothée's apartment. By now, the sun had completely set. Timothée told June his apartment was about 10 minutes away.

"What are you wearing to the Met?" June questioned Timothée about a minutes into their journey.

Timothée smiled, "It's a surprise." He replied with a slight smirk. June rolled her eyes with a tiny smile lingering on her lips. "What are you wearing?" He said, moving his gaze from the side walk to June.

June shrugged, returning his stare, "It's a surprise." She said. Timothée laughed and shook his head.

"Hey—are you going to the after party?" Timothée questioned June. "I forgot to ask you."

June frowned slightly, "I got invited," she said with her arms crossed, "Mae told me I wouldn't like it."

"You have to go!" Timothée exclaimed, sounding desperate. June furrowed her eyebrows at him; confused at the sudden desperateness. "I'm being forced to go by my Manager! And to be honest—everyone else who's invited to the after party are assholes. But if you go— I'll have someone to talk to." He told. "Someone who doesn't make me want to rip out my eyeballs."

June smiled at his last comment and thought for a moment. "Fine—I'll go." She said with a sigh. "Just so you're surrounded by less—assholery." She shrugged.

"Thank you, Junie!" He exclaimed— sounding like a little kid and bringing her in a tight, short embrace in the middle of the empty sidewalk. June ruffled his hair while laughing at his mannerism. "Not the hair!" He suddenly said, breaking the hug and running his fingers through his curls in attempt to fix it.

June laughed even louder. Timothée smiled at her after hearing her reaction and placed his right arm around Junes shoulder, pulling her closer to him. The two continued their walk. Timothée's hair was still messy from June ruffling it.

"Are the people there actually assholes?" June questioned Timothée with scrunched eyebrows and her arms crossed.

Timothée nodded. "Not only are they assholes— they're just annoying." He said. "If it was up to me, I wouldn't go, but I don't have a choice."

"That's unfair." June replied with a small frown.

"Tell me about it." Timothée said, then held open the door to his apartment building for June. "After you, une belle femme." He said, a smile on his face. June entered having no idea what he said and Timothée followed close behind. "This way." He gestured towards a flight of stairs.