16 | happy birthday, timmy.

"I'll show you every version
of yourself tonight."

Mirrorball
-Taylor Swift

A/N please leave comments! I love reading them so much

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

December 26th was packed with flights and layovers.

June and Timothée said their goodbyes to June's father in a bear hug. Her father clung onto the two of them at the doors of the airport for a long time before letting go. "Stay safe." He advised with a pointed finger at the two of them. He brought June into another hug.

January fourth was June's first day of work. December twenty-seventh was Timothée's birthday.

When Mr.Murklin let go of June, he hugged Timothée. "Later, T-money," He grinned over his shoulder.

"Thank you for everything, Vitamin D." Timothée smiled, patting June's father on the arm.

Her father looked like he wanted to cry. "Thank you guys for visiting." He nodded. "Call me when you get home."

The three of them shared another round of goodbyes before Timothée and June entered the chilly airport.

The rest of the day was filled with traveling, coffee, sharing headphones, and naps.

In the taxi back home, Timothée snorted when he saw June's eyes shut. The book she was reading remained open on her lap.

Timothée grabbed a random receipt out of his pocket and placed it in between the pages she was on to reserve her spot.

As the taxi ride slowly came to an end, June stirred in her seat for a few seconds before laying her head on Timothée's shoulder and keeping it there.

"You drank an obscene amount of coffee and you're still tired?" Timothée asked, amused.

June shut her eyes again. "No amount of caffeine could get rid of this jet lag." She told while Timothée messed with the bracelets on her wrist.

When the taxi came to a halt, June stepped out and stretched. Timothée grabbed the two bags and brought them into the elevator.

Not short after entering Timothée's apartment, the two were fast asleep. They showered and changed. Junes face was buried in Timothée's chest as they lay on his bed. Timothée's arms were wrapped around her, his chin rested on the top of her head.

Except when Timothée woke up, the bed was empty. His head immediately shot up when he realized this, and he felt a sense of panic.

Looking over at his bedside table, a tiny piece of paper read,