15 | 'tis the damn season.

"you could call me "babe" for the weekend.
'tis the damn season."

-taylor swift

 'tis the damn season -taylor swift

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"These are just getting repetitive," Timothée told, staring at the same four colorful explosions in the sky that had been reappearing every ten seconds.

June was still sitting on his right, her hands placed under her thighs. She stayed silent for a moment, "Wanna watch Dirty Dancing?" She asked, moving her gaze from the sky to the boy next to him.

"I would want nothing more." He replied, sticking out his hand and pulling June up.

Timothée and June walked through the snowy backyard and the back door. Timothée hummed the song "overload" from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack the whole time.

Ten minutes later, Timothée was on June's bed wearing his pajamas. He patiently read the book he'd been reading on and off on June's bedside table as she changed in the nearby bathroom.

"Scooch over," June said, walking back into her room and flopping onto the bed right next to Timothée.

Timothée put the flimsy book back onto the small wooden table. The two sat on June's twin-sized bed, their knees touching one another's.

He watched June as she flicked through the movies on the computer in front of them, looking for Dirty Dancing.

She made an "Aha!" noise when she finally found it. June laid back onto the fluffy pillows behind the two of them and pulled the blanket higher up over herself.

Timothée copied June's actions. "I know you're gonna fall asleep." He told through a small smile.

June kept her gaze on the screen in front of them, "I'm not." She told defensively, also having a small smile on her face.

"Are too."

"I love dirty dancing," June argued. "I would never fall asleep during this award-winning movie."

Timothée finally looked away from June and back to the screen in front of them. "If that's what helps you sleep at night." He shrugged, a small grin still staying on his face.

"I'm not gonna sleep."

"Right."

"Shut up and watch the movie."

Timothée and June watched the movie for a solid ten minutes before they both were completely knocked out. Timothée's head rested on June's shoulder. The distant noise of firework explosions was heard in the background, along with the Dirty Dancing dialogue.

When June woke up the next morning, she immediately noticed she was the only one in her bed.

She sat up and looked around the room. The time on the clock read, 10:02 am. Timothée's phone and jacket were both gone.