𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 11

1983

❝1983❞

Nancy pushed open the door to her house slowly

Nancy pushed open the door to her house slowly. The wooden door creaked loudly. "Looks safe." She breathed out, stepping over the threshold. You all followed behind her. "Where is the first aid kit?" You asked her. "Upstairs bathroom." She pointed. You nodded, quickly running up the stairs before you heard another pair of shoes behind you. Looking over your shoulder, you saw Eddie running up the stairs with you. "What are you doing?" You asked, smiling at him. "Helping." He pushed his way past you as he walked towards the bathroom. You sighed, following after him.

"Eddie, I can do it on my own. I'm pretty sure it's not that bad." You watched as he kneeled down, pulling open the sink cabinet, his eyes searching for first aid. "Got it." He quickly snatched it, throwing the small plastic box on the sink counter. He popped open the lid. Eddie gently grabbed both of your arms, seeing your sleeves soaked with blood. He swallowed, nervously lifting your sleeves. You winced slightly. Eddie glanced at you from time to time as he inspected the bites.

Holding your arms out, Eddie grabbed an alcohol wipe from the first aid. "This is gonna hurt...really bad." He held the alcohol wipe up. "Just do it." You clenched your eyes shut, bracing for impact. You pulled away from Eddie as soon he placed the wipe onto your skin. "Shit!" You shouted, looking down at your arm. "Told you it would hurt," He grabbed your hand. "If it ever gets too much, you can squeeze my hand as hard as you'd like." He offered with a goofy grin. You nodded, holding onto his hand tightly as the alcohol wipe swiped over your cut skin. Letting out a groan through clenched teeth, your hand clutched onto Eddie's as hard as it could. "Almost done." Eddie stuck his tongue out as he concentrated on cleaning the bite.

A sigh of relief escaped your lips as he tossed the bloody wipe somewhere onto the bathroom floor. "You gotta pretty strong grip, you know that?" He chuckled, his free hand grabbing the roll of gauze out of the first aid kit. "Is that a good thing?" You raised a brow at him as his hand slipped from yours. "Yeah, especially for playing guitar." Eddie looked at you with a smile. "You trying to say something, Munson?" You smiled back at him as he carefully wrapped the gauze around your wounds. "Uh," he slowly looked up at you, "maybe."