𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 4

❝𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐔𝐍❞

"Is she answering?" Steve asked Dustin, running out of the school, the others quick to follow behind him

"Is she answering?" Steve asked Dustin, running out of the school, the others quick to follow behind him. "No! Neither of them are!" Dustin said in an annoyed tone. "Maybe the walkie was dead and you didn't realize it?" Robin tried to come up with possible explanations, walking beside Dustin. "No. I never leave home with a dead walkie. It's like one of my rules." Dustin waited beside Steve's car. Nancy quickly unlocked her car, "anyone wanna come with?" She asked before she sat down. Robin looked at her, nodding her head, "I'm coming!" She shouted, running over to Nancy.

"Nance, just follow us, alright?" Steve hurriedly got into the car, starting the engine as Max and Dustin shut the doors, not bothering to buckle their seatbelts. "Go!" Max shouted, too anxious to wait any longer. "What if she's already seen this clock?" Steve asked as he began driving, looking at Dustin in the passenger. "No, no, she would have told one of us. Especially Robin," Dustin shook his head, bringing the walkie up to his mouth. "Y/n, this is Dustin! We have a code red!" He shouted into the walkie. "Son of a bitch." He groaned.

"We'll get to her, don't worry." Steve tried to calm things down even though his heart was pounding out of his chest. "What if Steve is right? Maybe she saw the clock before Chrissy or Fred? Or maybe last night when we all went home?" Max questioned. "If she saw the clock before Chrissy or Fred, she would've been dead by now." Dustin looked back at Max. "Listen, nothing is going to happen to her? Maybe it's some huge coincidence that she's been having nosebleeds and headaches? They're not uncommon." Steve shrugged. "But it's still something to worry about, Steve! We have to be extra cautious." Max furrowed her brows.

"Are they still behind us?" Dustin asked, tilting his head to the side to look in the mirror. Max turned around, "yeah." She nodded. Steve took in a deep breath, pressing harder on the gas, hoping to make it back to the house within a few minutes.

━━━━━

"Where are they?" You mumbled, rubbing your head. Your eyes hung low, tired from standing and doing nothing all day. "Why? Getting bored of me?" Eddie chuckled, sitting up from his spot in the boat. "That, and," you reached down at one of the many empty wrappers on the floor, "we're out of snacks." You threw the wrapper at him. Eddie watched as the flimsy wrapper landed on his lap before he swatted it away. "I'm surprised they haven't tried calling us on the walkie." Eddie reached over the boat, grabbing it. "I know." You spoke, staring out the window. Nothing but the whistling of the wind, crickets, and hooting owls were heard. It was eerie.